Author Topic: Help: I would like to know about lesbians...  (Read 5031 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Help: I would like to know about lesbians...
« on: January 16, 2008, 01:10:25 pm »
Help: I would like to know about lesbians...

since I KNOW THAT FEMALES EXISTS!! I am a male. I am a gay male. I know that males exists, within that gay males too.

And now realized more and more female issues (or should I use the word women, or ladies??).

Tell me. As you please.

Hugs!!

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Proud wolf in human clothing.
Re: Help: I would like to know about lesbians...
« Reply #1 on: January 19, 2008, 02:08:30 am »
Well, is there anything specific you want to know?

Sincerely, Kat.
I'm not a complete idiot, some parts are missing.

If all is not lost, then where is it?

I used to have a handle on life, but it broke.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #2 on: January 19, 2008, 10:51:45 am »
Thanks katness!

Many questions.

One question is when a person knows that she is lesbian or bisexual, she wants sex with a male only or too (as in also)?

Maybe you know that I think that Lureen in the BM movie is lesbian or bi-person. That is one reason for my question... searching that possibility. Of course, since I enjoy life, humans, I am curious about lesbians too, as well as other gays (since I am a gay male who did have sex with females in the past too).

Some lesbians will not have sex only with females, right??

Hugs!! Details as you like. Hugs!!

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2008, 11:38:03 am »
Some lesbians who might still be questioning might experiment, so to speak, with a guy. Some might consider themselves 99% lesbian and 1% heterosexual to 10 % heterosexual and 90% lesbian and identify as lesbian.

For me though it is more fixed. I can look at a guy and think he is attractive. But I won't want sex with him. For a bisexual it is more fluid. In my opinion there a certain degrees of fluidity in sexual orientation and sexuality. It just depends on the individual person. However, a lot of lesbians will have at one time or another have had sex with a guy. I've given oral to a guy. Which was at that moment that I realized that if I did anything more with someone I'd prefer that someone to be a woman. 

Or at least thats just me. And I hope it helps.

Sincerely, Kat.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2008, 12:48:35 pm »
Thanks very much Katness.

I totally agree with you as I see too different degrees of sex, even if I am a male; a gay male, with some sex in the past with females.

I love your expression and to quote you:
degrees of fluidity in sexual orientation and sexuality.

That is a puzzle still to me, since even myself I changed and am changing everyday... that is life!! Not being a female, I need help inquiring about females; lesbians and others.

May I relate to Lureen as in the BM movie, I truly figure that she is lesbian; but had to be bisexual by force or she did so by choice?? I guess, I am puzzled... or advanced in this as a subject??

To me, there is proof there. Have you seen my latest comment on my thread?

Any news you can give me to add proofs of possible Lureen bisexuality at least?

Hugs!!

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2008, 01:07:26 pm »
I'll read your thread, and watch bits of BBM again and then give you what I think based from a lesbians point of view.

After I have gotten some sleep though.

Sincerely, Kat.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #6 on: January 19, 2008, 06:23:29 pm »
Thanks Katness!

Pray you slept well.

May I ask you if most females are utmoslty secretive, especially if they figure or sense that one (as in oneself) or someone is lesbian or bisexual female??

Hugs!!

Offline Katness

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2008, 07:27:17 am »
Hello, yes I did sleep well, thank you.

Having just watched substantial bits of the film again. And read quite a bit of your thread (of which I'm going to read more). I personally think that Laureen at the most could be bisexual leaning towards men. But I get more of a vibe of her being heterosexual. From a lesbians point of view.

I'd have to watch BBM again to really say why. But, thats ok, as I have not watched it enough. One thought I do have though, is that putting Alma and Laureen together. To me Alma does not seem homophobic. Just that she is not quite able to understand same sex attraction, that and anger at Ennis, hence the thanksgiving scene.

However, I don't think she is homophobic. Now with the scene where Laureen is explaining how Jack died, and she (to me) is realizing who Ennis is/was in Jack's life, she seems to have more of an understanding then Alma did. So either she is heterosexual and just a very understanding woman. Or she is bisexual leaning towards men so she knows what same sex attraction is like. But then if that was the case, one could think that she would have talked to Jack. However, considering Laureen's dad. Her dad does not seem like the type of guy who would talk especially about life stuff. In fact I get a vibe from the whole Newsome family that that is a family that does not talk. And then, I get the impression that Laureen is more of an action girl then a talking girl. Which is what might have made Jack look at her in the first place. Because Jack to me is more of an action guy then a talk guy, even though he is more talkative then the Newsome family. That and the prospect of having security for once in his life, and Ennis being the only man he loves but can't have.

Thats just what I think anyway.

Sincerely, Kat.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #8 on: January 20, 2008, 05:16:54 pm »
Thanks very much Katness!!

Wow, you sure bring me great news, wow, wow!! You make my day too, much more happier.

Yes, to me Lureen is definately bisexual, at least that!! Maybe you will feel (later on) that Lureen is too a lesbian.

For now, may I applaud you for thinking that maybe Lureen is bisexual... but as you say leaning towards men like somewhat (my word) a hetero female.

May I quote you:
I personally think that Laureen at the most could be bisexual leaning towards men.

Katness: To that, maybe you will realize later that Lureen is either starting to be bisexual or is already!! I think that at the end of the movie, Lureen  starts certainly somewhat to be opening about her bisexuality or lesbianism, but secretly and discreetly!! I will further than that... later on, since I still do not have all the answers, but some which I can not explain in detail.

To quote you again:
But I get more of a vibe of her being heterosexual. From a lesbians point of view.

So katness, I think that Lureen is or will start now to lean towards women, more and more!! Proofs are there... and hard to illustrate.

FOR NOW:
Katness, there is something different about lesbians from gay men: secretiveness, right??

To that, may I say of course Lureen still shows herself as heterosexual (but to what degree), since she is married to a man (her husband Jack), she is with the other lady who is too with a man, and she has to keep face because all there at that dance are couples (female and man, husbands and wives), but you do not see any gay men as a couple, nor lesbian women as a couple; but that is hinted in the BM movie there at that dance: gay coupling and lesbianism couple in the ways and talks which are actions of Jack and the other man, Lureen and the other woman, to me that is somewhat could become like a ménage à 4, but like 1 male couple + 1 female couple (like it was shown on Oprah, last week- did you see that??). I do not think, that it is nor that could become wife swapping, as in a former city I, lived in, I heard that that was somewhat common.
There is respect between Lureen and S.

If Lureen is hetero to a certain degree still liking men and starting to like a female too, I accept that since she wants, I feel, to be a lesbian couple secretively!!

And Katness, may I ask you too this: can what I write to you, mention it again on my threads/of others as well, concerning Lureen, especially the one if Lureen is lesbian or bisexual??- ? With or without quoting you??

In advance, thanks.

I will come back with more on what you wrote here, awaiting your news,

hugs!!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #9 on: January 20, 2008, 05:34:59 pm »
May I ask you if most females are utmoslty secretive, especially if they figure or sense that one (as in oneself) or someone is lesbian or bisexual female??

May I offer an opinion on this? I don't think females are in general any more secretive than males. Some males and females are secretive to certain people and open to other people. Being secretive is sometimes a way to keep from giving too much power to another person. What a person knows about you could be used against you. A few people are secretive to everyone. There are even a few who keep secrets from themselves...doesn't our Ennis fall into that category?
"chewing gum and duct tape"