Author Topic: Was Ennis Gay?  (Read 19427 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Was Ennis Gay?
« Reply #40 on: March 18, 2008, 11:13:41 am »
Thanks optom!

Very, very well detailed and said!!

However, I have known some men who have sex with me, often, and never did consider themselves gay!

What about those?

You can answer and others can too,

hugs!

Plenty of those in the English public school system.!!!
I know some men have a very high sex drive and also a desire to experience as much variety as possible within certain constraints.I do not think having gay sex as part of an experience to explore every avenue,per se makes you gay.Plenty of men and women are very adventurous when it comes to sex,but are still fundamentally "straight".I know of one man who has had sex with another man,to test the waters.He has indulged virtually his every whim with regards sex,but is fundamentally straight.
I do think Ennis was gay,it was not just sex.There was a whole and complete realtionship with Jack.
I believe our sexuality as humans is defined by who ever we form a complete bond with.That means sex and love in the same package.I love some of my girlfriends and would do anything for them,but have no desire to have sex with them.Equally I have had sex without love.
When the 2 come together,and remain over time,as happened with Ennis and Jack,therein lies your sexuality.Whether you can accept it,is another matter.

We are all complex beings and the urge to have sex for some is very strong,in cases strong enough at times for it not to matter who the person is.Also for many the urge to push boundaries and experiment is very strong.That goes for sex and of course drugs.We may know that what we are doing is not necessarily right for us,but still we do it.It is like a constant search for the next thrill,invariably because there is something lacking in us or in our lives.
I do not see that with Ennis .I see a deeply repressed gay man who inspite of everything,falls catastrophically in love with another man.He never finds that love with any of the women.It is a bond which only comes when you allow yourself to be who you truly are.
The tragedy for Ennis, is deep down I believe he knows where his sexuality lies,he knows he loves Jack,he knows that he is happiest and most at peace when he is with Jack.He knows from the minute they come down from BBM. He cannot allow himself to be that person all the time though.So instead he lets himself have brief snatches of true happiness and love.
Then goes back,almost as if some form of punishment or attonement,to a life he knows will never fulfill him.He needs no church/god to punish him,he does it for himself, by denying himself.

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #41 on: March 18, 2008, 12:31:01 pm »
Thanks optom!

You say:
The tragedy for Ennis, is deep down I believe he knows where his sexuality lies,he knows he loves Jack,he knows that he is happiest and most at peace when he is with Jack.He knows from the minute they come down from BBM. He cannot allow himself to be that person all the time though.So instead he lets himself have brief snatches of true happiness and love.
Then goes back,almost as if some form of punishment or attonement,to a life he knows will never fulfill him.He needs no church/god to punish him,he does it for himself, by denying himself.

Fiona: you sure say much, which are great ideas and ideal there!! I must re-read that often... since that touches me, and more than once!!

You must be medical doctor? As well as a writer! Wow, wow!

Merveilleux! Yes:Marvelous!

Would Ennis go live with Jack, do you think? Does anyone think that?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

« Reply #42 on: March 18, 2008, 01:18:57 pm »
Hi Artiste,
lovely tomatoes.One of my favourite snacks is tomatoes thinly sliced on whole grain toast,with a bit of salt and pepper.Can you read my mind????
I am not a medical doctor,I am doctor of optometry.However the amount of therapy/psychiatrists/psychologists I have seen in my life,either for myself or son.I might as well be!!!!!
Also when I was doing Optometry I took psychology as a minor.There is a lot of psychology involved in sight would you believe.Understanding what the patient is really trying to tell you.The grief process when some one loses their sight.
The head aches which are nothing to do with needing specs,and everything to do with stress.There is even a condition called hysterical blindness.The patient is so stressed that they simply refuse to see.Strange but true.
Children who pretend to have a vision problem,to seek attention from their parents,or to cover up some other underlying problem such as bullying.The human eye is a truly fascinating thing,literally in some cases the window to the soul!!!!
Also you can detect so many other diseases from the eye,diabetes,hiv/aids,high b.p and lots more,that you really do need to have some insight into psychology to be able to communicate with the patient.
You have to refer when you see something wrong,and you have to be able to judge how to communicate that to the patient.Do you tell them the whole picture,or edited high lights.I will stop now before I bore you,but it is a subject that obviously I love.
I always used to say,10 mins. to do an eye exam,20 nins to analyse the patient.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #43 on: March 18, 2008, 02:47:32 pm »
Hi Fiona!

Before I forget, the system of Phillip on Bettermost or mine via my compuyor, or something else, is NOT allowing me to-day to add pics (and at times posts too); so I am asking you if you know the plant above? Maybe ask your son if he does? I asked you in your OTHER thread (about your son gardening), but could NOT add it!

Your post is so wonderful!!

You say:
Also you can detect so many other diseases from the eye,diabetes,hiv/aids,high b.p and lots more,that you really do need to have some insight into psychology to be able to communicate with the patient.

I wish you can examen my eyes! You angel!

You and I, as I am an artist painter, have things in common! I use my eyes and even create illusions in my paintings!

You know what mind's eye is ??

My straight brother is an optician, an excellent one; only he did ever made me glasses which I could see with! No others ever did succeed! I sure wish he was like you, since he has your talent too!!

Back to Ennis being gay or not, your posts on that are too educational!! I like them! Maybe Ennis... is still a puzzle, is he gay or not, when is he?? Etc.;

au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Mandy21

« Reply #44 on: March 19, 2008, 12:39:22 pm »
Hey Fiona, I agree totally with everything you said above -- "repressed", "gay".

You do indeed sound like you love your work -- have you been allowed to work here in the states?  Did you ever see the HBO movie "Hysterical Blindness" with Uma Thurman and Juliette Lewis?  Very good, if you get a chance to rent.

Your post reminds me I need to go get new glasses.  I'm sure bifocals would be in order at age 42.  Must do something about that.
Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline Artiste

« Reply #45 on: March 19, 2008, 12:47:47 pm »
Thanks optom!

You say:
Also you can detect so many other diseases from the eye,diabetes,hiv/aids,high b.p and lots more,

Optom:
therefore, could you have maybe told us about Heath the actor? May I ask you to guess?

Optom: Do you think that even if Ennis was gay or not, if you had examined him for his eyes, would you think that he had or would have maybe hiv/aids? Dare I ask?? !!

Au revoir,
hugs!      Of course,  others can reply too about these two questions!

Offline optom3

« Reply #46 on: March 20, 2008, 10:25:59 am »
Thanks optom!

You say:
Also you can detect so many other diseases from the eye,diabetes,hiv/aids,high b.p and lots more,

Optom:
therefore, could you have maybe told us about Heath the actor? May I ask you to guess?

Optom: Do you think that even if Ennis was gay or not, if you had examined him for his eyes, would you think that he had or would have maybe hiv/aids? Dare I ask?? !!

Au revoir,
hugs!      Of course,  others can reply too about these two questions!

Wow you ask a lot!!!!!
You can tell drug use by checking the pupils.That includes Rx drugs as well. If anyone has Aids it affects a part of the eye called the retina and you get abnormal patches on it.Only found with AIDS.
Also you can get karposis sarcoma on the eye.Very painful.I do not think AIDSwas around then though was it.
I have heard of minds eye,and do,truly believe the eyes are the window to the soul.I check my kids to see if they are lying to me ,because invariably when you lie,your pupil dilates.
Here is a tip for you,if someone is attracted to you,their pupils will dilate.!!!!!I do not believe in iridology which is like palm reading,but looking at the iris not the hands.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #47 on: March 20, 2008, 06:41:34 pm »
Thanks very much Fiona!

Your post is really instructive, yes educational for me!

Be assured that I will re-read it many times and used you hints!!
You say:
If anyone has Aids it affects a part of the eye called the retina and you get abnormal patches on it.Only found with AIDS.

I did NOT know that. I must ask if my doctor knows it!
So this could tell me or someone else, and maybe you if I have HIV/AIDS? Can this be a tool to pre-tell if one is so before severity develops ?

You have pic(s) of that maybe??

Does HIV/AIDS attack the eye(s) one or BOTH same time??

That for now... when you can and want to answer.

Can you tell if the actors Heath and Jake have such HIV eyes? Or something else, in the BM movie??

Do you think that Ennis and/or Jack would have HIV eyes?? When? How long is it before that happens??

Ennis is gay man to some, not to others. So the question... is still a question to you?

Keep care, au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #48 on: June 06, 2008, 05:27:11 pm »
Is this still a question ?

Offline Artiste

« Reply #49 on: June 07, 2008, 08:12:37 am »
I am still puzzled by this question.