Author Topic: Count Dracula's Hotel in Transylvania  (Read 3779 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Count Dracula's Hotel in Transylvania
« on: January 27, 2008, 05:51:32 pm »
It's in the mountains of Transylvania, bats flutter past your window at night, wolves howl in the distance, and apparently they have a crypt in the basement with a real coffin in it! They won't tell you if Dracula is in it though. I guess you have to go down there and open it up to find out!   :-\

My travel brochure even said people dressed as vampires will wander through the hotel corridors late in the evening.

Would you be willing to stay in such a hotel?

http://www.enzia.com/Pages/Bnaacf1.html

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline dot-matrix

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • www.maleimagegallery.com ~Come Join Us~
Re: Count Dracula's Hotel in Transylvania
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2008, 08:20:06 pm »
What a kick  ;D  In my younger days I would have said sure why not...but now with Heather my answer is no way are you Crazy!   :laugh:   ;)
Life is not a dress rehearsal

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2008, 02:51:39 am »
The article in this travel magazine said the hotel is quite scary. It's very old world, but it's also very comfortable. All of the rooms are decorated in the local Transylvanian theme; not really "Dracula" so much, but rather what you would find in the homes of the area a hundred years ago. But at night it gets very spooky and this is when the fun begins. The natural beauty of Transylvania provides much of the spookiness with the howling of the wind and wolves, and bats flying around everywhere. And if that isn't enough, the employees dress up as vampires and randomly wander the halls. The author of the article did go down to Dracula's crypt but failed to open the coffin. S/he became too frightened and fled back up the stairs in terror.

They also advised against staying at this hotel during the summer. It is not airconditioned, and apparently Romania gets very hot in the summer, even in the mountains.

Anyway, it sounds like a lot of fun to me. I'd love to stay there, but I'd have to have a couple of friends with me. I wouldn't want to stay there alone. Huh-uh!  :P

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 28, 2008, 07:24:14 am »

Hmmm, I see they stock "a good selection of Romanian wines."  They would all be "reds," I'm guessing?  ???  ::)   :P  ;)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Wishes

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2008, 10:44:13 pm »
Maybe I would not stay alone though. I usually travel alone. I don't think I'd stay there alone or a "haunted" castle alone. It's very fascinating though

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2008, 11:25:40 pm »
Hmmm, I see they stock "a good selection of Romanian wines."  They would all be "reds," I'm guessing?  ???  ::)   :P  ;)

Butov cooorse! I vant to suck your blud... blah!!!  ;)  :laugh:

Maybe I would not stay alone though. I usually travel alone. I don't think I'd stay there alone or a "haunted" castle alone. It's very fascinating though

Oh I couldn't stay there alone! Nope! Fortunately I always travel with at least one or two other people, so if I did stay there, I would have people with me. They said the hotel is only about 25 years old (it was opened in the early 1980's) but it LOOKS very old and very beautiful.. but kind of creepy too.

The vampires in the halls would be enough for me. I wouldn't even necessarily need to see them. Just knowing they are out there would scare me!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #6 on: January 31, 2008, 07:34:04 pm »
I think this owuld be sooo coool!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2008, 07:26:22 am »
I think this owuld be sooo coool!!!

Yes me too Kelda. I,m a bit nutty that way. I love all things spooky, and that would be great. To spend a few nights in Draculas castle. I watch things like Most Haunted, Ghost Hunters, and one that used to be on but isn,t any more. It was filmed in New Zealand, "Ghost Hunt". 2 guys and a girl. One guy stayed in the car, with all the high tech stuff watching, and the other two went to seperat locations, on their own, with cameras on their foreheads. Really really spooky. They used some really high tech stuff, and actually recorded a little girls voice in one of the houses, and got a pic of a spook in another.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2008, 06:29:44 pm »
Yes me too Kelda. I,m a bit nutty that way. I love all things spooky, and that would be great. To spend a few nights in Draculas castle. I watch things like Most Haunted, Ghost Hunters, and one that used to be on but isn,t any more. It was filmed in New Zealand, "Ghost Hunt". 2 guys and a girl. One guy stayed in the car, with all the high tech stuff watching, and the other two went to seperat locations, on their own, with cameras on their foreheads. Really really spooky. They used some really high tech stuff, and actually recorded a little girls voice in one of the houses, and got a pic of a spook in another.  :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o

I'm not sure I'd like it all dark and spooky but to stay in a lucury hotel and then be able to say you slept overnight - kinda cool!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/