Author Topic: Heath Ledger Film Festival - Saturday Events  (Read 39845 times)

yb

Re: Heath Ledger Film Festival - Saturday Events
« Reply #100 on: March 09, 2008, 09:38:54 am »
But the scene he met with his father when he visited his hometown after all those time is very touching.

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #101 on: March 09, 2008, 10:33:48 am »
I think a lot of the scenes are quite touching...

;)

I was especially struck by Will's optimism at the beginning of the movie, when he was trying to convince his buds that they should fight in tournaments...  He reminded me of Jack, actually.
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #102 on: March 09, 2008, 11:07:50 am »
I was hanging around after the Smarten Up Chat and intended to watch the Knight's Tale, but unfortunately my forum developed a glitch and I had to dash off and try and fix that, and spent most of the evening up to my neck in code  >:( When I eventually managed to sort it out though I ended up putting BBM on - probably a bit of a mistake before bedtime from the effect it had on me (bad dreams), but I will try and make it for the next film festival (and make sure I have my forum's co-admin on standby for any glitches!  :D )

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #103 on: March 10, 2008, 01:35:07 pm »
coming up for the next Saturday:  the epic film "The Four Feathers" directed by Shekhar Kapur.  I saw this film for the first time recently and if you are looking for a lot of Heath on the screen, especially Heath in uniform and acting heroic, this is the film for you!

If you haven't seen it yet, the rugby scenes at the very beginning are worth the price of admission!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #104 on: March 16, 2008, 09:22:35 am »
Did anyone watch The Four Feathers? I hung out in the chat for awhile but there weren't any other movie watchers around. Oh well....I do love the way Heath looks in TFF, I have to say!

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline sel

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #105 on: March 16, 2008, 09:45:32 am »
Hi!
I watched The Four Feathers   over two weeks ago. Enjoyed it very much. Heath's laughter at end, the immensity of the desert and the blue sky will stay with me forever.
BbM, I swear

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #106 on: March 16, 2008, 12:17:16 pm »
and I was working for 11 hours yesterday and hardly even got dinner eaten when I got home!  I saw Four Feathers a month ago and really, really liked it!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline BelAir

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #107 on: March 16, 2008, 12:52:05 pm »
Well, I didn't have time to watch yesterday either, but as I've said before, I like Four Feathers quite a bit - the epic style, the African sky, Heath's varied looks.  In fact it is probably the first movie where I really "fell" for Heath...  (I saw it long before I saw Brokeback Mountain.)
"— a thirst for life, for love, and for truth..."

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #108 on: March 17, 2008, 07:07:59 am »
I read that the original cut of The Four Feathers was 3 hours long. It was due to come out shortly after 9/11 and there was speculation that it would be received poorly (terrorists in the desert and that sort of thing) so the director went back to the editing room and cut an hour out. I would like to see the extended cut because it seemed choppy in places and things were missing. For example, we never see Ethne give Heath/her fiance her white feather and I am sure that was filmed.

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #109 on: March 19, 2008, 12:20:35 pm »
This weekend's  (March 22) feature is "NED KELLY" everyone.  Make sure to get your rental or dust off your copy for 2 p.m. Saturday!