Author Topic: What colour would you give a character in the BM movie?  (Read 16825 times)

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
Re: What colour would you give a character in the BM movie?
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2008, 08:18:11 am »
How about pink for Lureen?

Or you prefer red?

Hugs!

Alma is pink. Lureen is red.
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2008, 12:00:15 pm »
Ooooh! Interesting one! How did I manage to miss this thread?!  :laugh:

Well for me, I've always thought that Jack's outfit/hat is darker/black to balance out the tan/brown shades that are Ennis. I'd never really attached much symbolism to it really, but I don't think there's anything intended about Jack being the "bad guy".

Anyhow, being a web designing geek, and being obsessed with colour schemes  (I always obsess over colour schemes for new sites, and I'm infamous on the web design forum I hang around on for maintaining a list of the top colour scheming software - LOL!), I decided to do a scientific/non-scientific analysis for each character by pasting various images of them from throughout the film into one image for each character, and then setting the software to 'random' to see what it came up with for each of them.

...so here's a colour scheme for each of them, and one added on the bottom that's for Brokeback, from the movie poster.  ;D

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #22 on: March 29, 2008, 12:03:57 pm »
Thanks kerry!

Alma: pink ??

Really?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #23 on: March 29, 2008, 12:05:19 pm »
Thanks bliss!

Interesting combinations!!

How do you do that?

Is that a system?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2008, 12:16:22 pm »
It's some software called Color Schemer Studio. There's an option in it to generate a colour scheme from an image or photo, by either turning the image into a mosaic of blocks of colour and letting it pick from those, or picking from the image as it is. The screenshot below shows the little white circles that it's picking up the colours from, but you can move the selection points around too if you don't like the selected ones it's chosen, or randomise again and it'll pick a new set of points to get the colours from.

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2008, 12:39:46 pm »
Thanks Bliss!

I did not know that!

Is that FREE?

My brother thinks that is hard to do?

One must learn steps to do it?

Hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #26 on: March 29, 2008, 03:46:55 pm »
There's an online color scheming tool on that same site (http://www.colorschemer.com/) that's free, but the 'Studio' version that includes generating schemes from photos is £49.99. It's really not very difficult, you just open up the image within the program and then just randomise the points it's picking from until you're happy with the result. The colour schemer in the other part of the software's fairly intuitive to use too - just clicking on a colour wheel to select colours and sliders control brightness and saturation etc.

If you want something that's free though, the best one I've found online for generating a scheme from an image is the DeDaeve.com one - http://www.degraeve.com/color-palette/

There's also this one - http://www.colorhunter.com/ - though I've not tried it yet.

For the full list of the various colour sites and software on my list (well not really my list, I just collected all the various colour tools references from various other threads and forums and put them all in one place), check this out. It's a web design forum, so some of the stuff's specifically geared towards generating schemes for websites, but there's some nice sites listed there if you're interested in colours and stuff.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #27 on: March 29, 2008, 10:44:40 pm »
Thanks very, very much Bliss!!

I sure appreciate your help!

Maybe you can also do so for colour scheme of house for Ennis/Alma?

Jack/Lureen?

Good idea?

Hugs!

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #28 on: March 30, 2008, 07:44:20 am »
Hmmm...got a lot to do today (mother's reminded me I've got to finish editing her latest poetry collection for her so we can get it to the printers  :-\) and I'm back at work next week, but you've got me interested in this whole idea of colours for the different characters and things now. I'll have a look at it next weekend when I've got more time.  ;)

Offline Artiste

« Reply #29 on: March 30, 2008, 05:22:57 pm »
Thanks Bliss!

I will look forward to your quest. Do that as you want and when you will have time !! No ruch!

If I may say, I think it was brokeplex who had asked me about the decor of Jack's house at Thanksgiving...
and I am now starting to think about that too !!

Would you have chossen those red chairs??

Would anyone?  Everyone can posts too!!

Au revoir,
hugs!