Author Topic: What colour would you give a character in the BM movie?  (Read 16643 times)

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • There ain't never enough time...
    • NeonBlue Dreams
Re: What colour would you give a character in the BM movie?
« Reply #40 on: April 03, 2008, 12:12:22 pm »

Did you see my different coulourful trumpets (centres) on mine?? I have a story about one.

Yep, they're beautiful! So many different varieties, and so many different shades. My favourites are some miniature daffodils we have that are a really delicate pale yellow, almost white, with golden creamy trumpets. They're so tiny and delicate.

A few years ago I made my granny a notice board with a frame made of salt dough, and I surrounded the frame with all her favourite flowers, including some daffodils. I used cake decorating cutters for the flower petals and leaves, and I had a daffodil cutter too. The little trumpets were so fiddly to make, but the result was worth it. I have it in the attic somewhere. I'll see if I can get it out and post a photograph.

Yes, I am in England. I live near a town that has one of the only two churches in the world that has a "crooked spire". The spire not only leans, with the spire 9 foot 5 inches away from the true centre, but is also twisted. There are a number of legends about how the spire came to be crooked.

One says that it was because the devil was flying south to Nottingham and he rested on the way, perching on the top of the church and wrapped his tail around the spire, twisting it. Another legend is that a magician convinced a local blacksmith to shoe the devil, but he drove a nail into the devil's foot. The devil then skimmed over the spire, and lashed out at it in pain, causing it to twist. According to another the spire was so shocked when it heard that a virgin got married in the church, it twisted to have a closer look. Also, if another virgin marries in the church, the spire will untwist. In reality it was probably that the spire was built using unseasoned timber, which warped as it dried out, but the legends are a lot more fun!

(I can imagine Cassie wearing that daffodil blouse too!)

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #41 on: April 03, 2008, 12:21:46 pm »
Merci Bliiss!!

Like you say:
  My favourites are some miniature daffodils we have that are a really delicate pale yellow, almost white, with golden creamy trumpets. They're so tiny and delicate.

Bliss, I love those too! I wonder who created that if they are cultivars? Or are they wild?

Yes, I would love to created a blouse with such jonquills colours for Cassie! One day... I dream to do so!
Some co. in New York City (world known in that old Christmas movie) taught that my paintings (some then) would be great to create ladies' blousses!!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #42 on: April 03, 2008, 12:26:15 pm »
Bliss, you are in Robin Hood area?

Maybe comparing that story to the BM movie?

Take those RH colours and place them in the BM movie?

Maybe the Bad Sherriff was it of Nottingham turned that spire crocked as he was?

Hugs! Would he (Robin), Ennis, or Jack been better to use my horse herein my pic of what I have in my collection?

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #43 on: April 03, 2008, 02:02:26 pm »
Bliss, you are in Robin Hood area?

Yep, Sherwood Forest's about half an hour from where I live. I visit there often. I try to avoid the summer though because there are too many tourists. It's better when it's quiet and you can enjoy the peaceful sounds of the forest.

I took these photos a couple of years ago when I went with a friend. It was so beautiful with the sun coming through the leaves I just had to try and capture it. The tree stump fascinated me, and I stood just studying the patterns in it for a long time. It seemed very old to me, and I imagined it as just a sapling in the days of Robin.

I love the colours of your trees in your paintings! They make me think of what Brokeback would look like in the autumn time with all those different colours!  :)

"No matter how hard you try, You're still in prison, If ya born with wings and you never fly."

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #44 on: April 03, 2008, 02:06:43 pm »
Bliss, I love those too! I wonder who created that if they are cultivars? Or are they wild?

I think probably the miniature ones are cultivated. Probably the normal sized ones are the size of wild ones (though I don't know a lot about plants, so that's a guess really)

I think Jack would love your horse!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #45 on: April 03, 2008, 03:31:56 pm »
Merci Jack's Man!

Wow belles photos!!

Yes, I think tiny ones are cultivars, I seem to remember that I have read!! But no wild such jonquills/daffodils/narcissus in Sherwood Forest ??

May I ask: was there a real Robin Hood ??

Maybe the next BM movie will be done there, partially ??

With you in it as ... ?

Hugs! Did you know that daffodils are from the Amaryllis family, or is it vice versa??
And yes, I can see Ennis and Jack into my painting in the Fall, and I dream of them amiably in it!! But which colours would they were then ??

Offline BlissC

• Brokeback Got Me Good
    • NeonBlue Dreams
« Reply #46 on: April 03, 2008, 07:49:17 pm »
May I ask: was there a real Robin Hood ??

Maybe the next BM movie will be done there, partially ??

With you in it as ... ?

Hugs! Did you know that daffodils are from the Amaryllis family, or is it vice versa??
And yes, I can see Ennis and Jack into my painting in the Fall, and I dream of them amiably in it!! But which colours would they were then ??

So they say, yes, there was a "real" Robin Hood. I expect that a lot of the stories of him though have been exaggerated much over the years though.

I think you're probably right. I think it's daffodils are part of the Amaryllis family.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #47 on: April 03, 2008, 08:00:44 pm »
Thanks Jack's Man!

Interesting!

Wonder which colours you would give to one or more charactors of the BM movie?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #48 on: April 04, 2008, 09:25:41 pm »
Which colour for Randall?

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #49 on: April 06, 2008, 03:41:09 pm »
This one is easy for the two characters and I will have to think about the others:

Ennis:  Definitely Bright Red
Jack:   Definitely Medium Blue

Ok, let me think:

Laureen:  Hot Pink
Alma:      Olive Green

Artiste:   Purple

Now I will have to think about the others.