Author Topic: Finding a thread  (Read 2327 times)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
Finding a thread
« on: February 24, 2008, 05:04:56 am »
Is it just me, or does anyone else have trouble remembering where a particular thread is? There are so many different topics on Bettermost, I sometimes find it almost impossible to find out where I posted something. It really does annoy me I have to say and more often that not I give up looking, like today. >:( >:(

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Finding a thread
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2008, 07:06:33 am »
I sometimes find it almost impossible to find out where I posted something. It really does annoy me I have to say and more often that not I give up looking, like today. >:( >:(

Souxi, there are several ways to find a thread where you've posted in. We have an "Advanced Search" function, where you can search for keyword(s) and additionally by which poster the post is you're looking for. It's in the left yellow box on top of all BM pages.

Additionally you can check all your previous posts by going to your profile and click "Show last posts of this person" at the bottom of your profile page. Of course this would be quite time consuming if the post you're looking for is from months back. But if you're looking for a post from, let's say the last week, you'll find it quickly.

And there's the "Show new replies to your posts" function, which is also on the top of every BetterMost page, in the left yellow box. This will show all threads you've posted in and where new replies have been posted since your last visit.

Hope this helps.  :)

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2008, 08:50:48 am »
Yes thanks, I,ve found it now. It was in someones blog. Thats what I mean. Theres the blog and then endless threads within the blog, if you see what I mean. That,s what makes it so hard to find things, well it does for  me anyway. Maybe it,s my age.  ;D

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2008, 09:09:09 am »
Yes thanks, I,ve found it now. It was in someones blog. Thats what I mean. Theres the blog and then endless threads within the blog, if you see what I mean. That,s what makes it so hard to find things, well it does for  me anyway. Maybe it,s my age.  ;D

I do think the new "mini forum" blog set up does take some getting used to. I know I am not finding things as quickly as before....

but then, hey, change is good. Keeps my old brain active. LOL

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!