Author Topic: user names  (Read 43084 times)

Offline Toycoon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: user names
« Reply #70 on: March 11, 2008, 05:31:12 pm »
I am a toy designer by trade. The name of my toy designing business is American Toycoon. A Toycoon is a like a Tycoon, only I'm rich in toys.
"The most important thing is being sincere, even if you have to fake it." - Cesar Romero

injest

« Reply #71 on: March 11, 2008, 05:41:07 pm »
I play computer game called Flight Simulator, NZ063 is my online call sign

Bit of advice for the fear of flying friends, there are courses you can take, or alternatively just let the cabin crew know you're a bit anxious about flying. I had a lady flying with us the other night, she was in quite a state, my colleague and I spent a bit of time with her throughout the flight and she was as good as gold. She made the efford in the terminal to thank us.  ;D

uh uh...I know how ya'll flying people are!! always trying to trick us SENSIBLE people into going up there!!!

uh uh!!

injest

« Reply #72 on: March 11, 2008, 05:42:41 pm »
I knew your name meant "Of the something," but I always call you Del also. Funny how our minds work.

I work in the admissions office at my college, mostly entering data for prospective/new students. I hope I never do that to someone! (Although I suppose it would provide them with a good screen name.)

When I was getting my first email address, I tried to do my initials (CMR) with numbers that actually meant something, but they were all taken. It kept suggesting CMR with different numbers that were free, and I finally got tired of trying and accepted cmr107. I justified it by the fact that my favorite radio station at the time was 107.7.

When I registered at IMDB, I used cmr107 because it was easy. I never expected to post anything at all, let alone become part of a whole comminuty. I kept it when I came to Bettermost so people would know who I was. I've been wanting to change it here, but I keep thinking that no one will know who I am if I do.

go ahead and change it! if you are worried about people not recognizing you at first then put it in your sig "Used to be CMR107" or something.....people will get used to the new name quicker than you think!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #73 on: March 11, 2008, 06:45:04 pm »
go ahead and change it! if you are worried about people not recognizing you at first then put it in your sig "Used to be CMR107" or something.....people will get used to the new name quicker than you think!

exaxtly!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline jstephens9

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #74 on: March 11, 2008, 07:54:10 pm »
RouxB (Ruby) is the name of my car. It is red and I wanted something that was non-gender specific (yes, I am kinda random) so Roux for red, add the B and voila-Rouxb. I'm thinking of changing it though...

and  O0 is me-brought with us from IMDb in case you every wondered why that particular smilie is in the line-up.

When we were in Colorado and Wyoming I thought everybody was calling you Ruby. I never knew until later that they meant your screen name RouxB. And that was after we became hiking partners on the mountain. I still think about that time whenever I see your posts. For those of you who don't know what I am talking about the air is very, very thin climbing Brokenback. It would not be that hard to climb if it was not for the fact that it is hard to breathe. So RouxB and I made goals of what we would make it to next. She would say "Ok, now let's get to that little dead tree up there." Finally we both made it to the top and I refered to her after that as my mountain climbing partner  :) I still do.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #75 on: March 11, 2008, 07:55:45 pm »
How is it pronounced? Every time I see your name, in my mind I pronounce it "Pen-the-SEE-lee-ah. Am I pronouncing it correctly Chrissi?

Good question David. I don't know how to pronounce it either so I just call her Chrissi  :)

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #76 on: March 11, 2008, 08:00:41 pm »
My story has some similarities with BBM´s,but she was like Ennis; denying "a sweet life together",being afraid with other people's opinion and not feeling well with her feelings 100%.Although I was like Jack,always pleading for getting that "sweet life",always getting deceived in my deepest feelings and hopes, I call her "Jack" because He's my favorite of the two cowboys.And she's my private Jack because our story is very special and after so many years,and forever,it will remain something between the two of us-no matter how many partners we'll have or with who we'll be...-

I like that story of your name.......very much so!!!

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #77 on: March 11, 2008, 08:09:09 pm »
First of all let me say that this is a terrific idea for a thread Forsythia!!! Well there is nothing creative about my screen name. It is simply my first initial "j", my last name, and my favorite number "9." It is a name I use for a lot of things so when I signed up here I just used it so that it would be easy to remember. The BBQ was what brought me to any of the forums although I was a member of ennisjack.com, just not a very active one. I knew nobody here or anyone who was going to be at the BBQ. I joined BetterMost for the chat before the trip. I never expected to become an active member so at the time I didn't give much thought to my user name. I guess you could say that the whole thing was a bit of an experiment in my life which has turned out to be quite a big part of my life as well as my friendships.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #78 on: March 11, 2008, 10:22:42 pm »
I joined BetterMost for the chat before the trip. I never expected to become an active member .....

:-* :-* :-* And we are all so glad that you did!!! {{{{{HUGS}}}}}
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #79 on: March 12, 2008, 02:44:16 pm »
Well thank you Shasta  ;D