Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173690 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #200 on: May 11, 2008, 08:31:50 pm »
SPOILERS

Let me see if I'm following the sequence of events correctly....Laura left the first note at Colson and Ellery's, then went to see Paula, and then went to the Browns where she left the second note, before she went back to the motel and Wes served her with the restraining order, and now she's, presumably, on her way back to Prescott.  Do I have that right?  And when Laura talks about "smiles and kind words" is she referring to Edna and Paula? 

Ack! This is very frustrating.  I'm itching to jump into the story and do....something!  If only Laura could see that she's only making Colson (and Ellery!) look like heroes in the girls' eyes.  It's at the point where history is going to be revised in their minds so that their daddy was never at fault for anything that went wrong in the marriage. 

As far as Colson fretting that he doesn't have anything good to say - I vote that he doesn't say anything more at all to the girls about Laura, good or bad.  If he needs to vent, he should do it outside of the girls' presence.  There should be plenty of conversation to be had about the girls' move. 

Speaking of the move - I'm relieved on Wes and Edna's behalf (and Colson's and Ellery's).  At the risk of sounding uncharitable, the girls' immaturity is sitting on my last nerve and I think it can only help for them to be in their own apartment and back in college where they won't be so concerned with Daddy and Uncle Ellery. 

And am I reading too much into it, or is there more behind Edna's tears than what we've been told?  Even though it seemed to have fallen on deaf ears, I was glad to hear her speak of compassion. 

Well, you can tell by my rambling that you're doing your job well, Louise!  LOL!

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #201 on: May 11, 2008, 08:48:14 pm »
it is always great to read your comments, Marie, and yes, the 'Smiles and kind words' were Laura's comments about Edna and Paula that day, she most likely wrote the note as she was leaving the ranch and before she returned to the motel.

I'm glad you liked the format change on LJ today, I noticed that the fonts looked different (i.e not so good) so I looked through the available formats and selected one that I thought would be easy on the eyes.

And yes, it is time for the girls to get back to their own lives, and for Colson and Ellery to get on with their own lives -- and their own relationship.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #202 on: May 12, 2008, 01:51:46 am »
Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr@that bloody f*****g woman!!!!!! . Can I have a walk on part Louise just so I can give her a black eye? If she ends up alone with no one and her daughters never speak to her again she has no one to blame but herself. She,s just a nasty spiteful bitter twisted old crone.  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #203 on: May 12, 2008, 09:47:08 am »
Just to clear things up a bit... the note Colson found in the tack room was left by Laura when she was at the ranch, before she returned to the motel, and before she was served with the restraining order.

So no, she didn't violate the restraining order.

And Soux, while it might make for some excitement in Tourmaline, I think an enraged Englishwoman might not fit in too well unless it"s Jeeves' sister from across the sea!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #204 on: May 12, 2008, 01:30:33 pm »
Just to clear things up a bit... the note Colson found in the tack room was left by Laura when she was at the ranch, before she returned to the motel, and before she was served with the restraining order.

So no, she didn't violate the restraining order.

And Soux, while it might make for some excitement in Tourmaline, I think an enraged Englishwoman might not fit in too well unless it"s Jeeves' sister from across the sea!

Thats perfect Louise! I can be Jeeves mad sister from across the pond!! Now, can I give Laura a black eye?? Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeee???   ;) ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #205 on: May 18, 2008, 03:30:46 pm »
hey, guess what? I wrote another chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/269390.html  'Chapter 47'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #206 on: May 18, 2008, 08:20:41 pm »
Great to see a new chapter up, Louise - I get twitchy if I go too long without Ellery  :)

SPOILERS

Guess we can't forget about Amos, can we?  :-\  You're doing a great job showing that dealing with Amoses and their attorneys is sometimes like playing a high stakes poker game.   

I wonder how Pam's deposition is going .....and I wonder if it's too late to get the girls enrolled in classes - they need to find ways to occupy themselves without depending upon their dad, stepdad, Wes and Edna. 

I'd forgotten about the plans for Dupree's party; it'll be nice to have something to celebrate - they could all use it!

Marie

P.S.  Now that Ellery is getting their phone number changed, here's his chance NOT to give it to Wayne! LOL!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline souxi

• sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #207 on: May 19, 2008, 01:19:08 pm »
Two things. Firstly is there any news on getting The Tales of Greenlea County published, and secondly, once all this is over, "our boys" will need a honeymoon. They certainly deserve and need some time away together. But please, NO speedos on the beach!!! BLURGH. I can,t STAND men in speedos, horrible things. Nice tight denim shorts will do nicely thanks. *thinks of those gorgeous thighs of Hughs, encased in tiny denim shorts*  *THUD*  ;) ;D

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #208 on: May 19, 2008, 08:41:50 pm »
sorry about my lack of regularity.  I am trying to adjust mentally to putting in full days of development work.  Unlike my last job, this one demands ACTUAL LABOR!  So my mind is occupied fully with technical tasks for a whopping 8 hours a day.  Which means, of course, that I think about what didn't get done when I get home.  So this might take a bit of adjustments.  I did manage to clear my mind enough by Sunday night to eke out a chapter, and next week is the Memorial Day 3 day weekend holiday.  So -- good news for more chapters then.

About getting the Greenlea Tales published, we are still slogging away trying to get an agent, but the first book is ready to go, edited to a nicety and all publishable.  But after 7 turndowns from agents in a row, and further deep research by my associate Leslie, we are finding that general publication is getting to be harder and harder, and not only this, if we are lucky enough to get a 'general publication' we might be on our own for publicity, since publishers more and more are not investing in publicity even for the books they publish and distribute.  This is very disheartening.  As a result, we are considering the alternatives in POD and e-book publication, and Leslie has gone forward with e-book publication for Mobipocket and Kindle for my already-in-print novel, 'The Erotic Etudes' as a test to find out what kind of sales might be generated through e-publication.

But we are still at it, and still want to get the entire series in print!  It's a question of ... effort.

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #209 on: May 19, 2008, 09:38:50 pm »
It is a question of effort and it is a question of, the publishing world is changing right under the nose of publishers, and they don't even realize it. Publishers seem to believe the adage, "the vast majority of Americans don't even read one book a year." Well, maybe that is true, but there is a sizable minority who are reading one or two books a day. I know this is true, I hang out on the Kindle forum and these folks (folks, plural) are posting and talking about their reading habits. I am becoming more convinced on a daily basis that ebooks are going to take hold. It is exciting to be in on the ground floor.

And with the ground floor...if you want to read The Erotic Etudes Opus VI you can find it here on mobipocket:

http://www.mobipocket.com/en/eBooks/eBookDetails.asp?BookID=83150

It includes a free download for a sample. The ebook link is not live on amazon.com (yet) but I hope it will be in 24 hours or less. Here's the link...refresh it every now and then and eventually there will be a book for sale.

http://www.amazon.com/The-Erotic-%C3%89tudes-Opus-VI/dp/B0019R0YK4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=digital-text&qid=1211220787&sr=1-1
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!