Author Topic: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls  (Read 173706 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: New Greenlea Tale: The Grey Girls
« Reply #310 on: August 03, 2008, 10:53:26 pm »
SPOILERS

Looks like good news on the Amos front - I think he's finally running out of delaying tactics.  It made me laugh how they're passing that 'hot potato' of a phone call to Ellery onto Wesley!  He's one of the few people not intimidated by Colson LOL!

Jeremy is a sweetheart and he's good at handling awkward situations.  But poor Paula - she needs a social life, Louise!

Thanks!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #311 on: August 04, 2008, 09:57:55 am »
well you know how hard I resist happy endings for everybody, Marie!!!

there's no plot if everyone has a happy ending.  Besides... I got plans.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #312 on: August 10, 2008, 07:52:50 pm »
and lookie here, another chapter at last!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/274847.html  'Chapter 68'
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #313 on: August 10, 2008, 09:00:10 pm »
.....Besides... I got plans.

Now, that makes me a happy camper!

SPOILERS

Colson reading Agatha Christie always reminds me of the early days in their relationship  :)   But Colson really needs to calm down about Paula!  I know he's a jealous guy but I can't help but believe this jealousy thing is just being exacerbated by all the other crap that's flying around him. 

“Cause...” Jeremy paused, and Ellery heard a brief intake of breath before Jeremy spoke again. “Cause he’s right.”

Sigh.  I'm not so sure honesty was the best policy here.  I mean, what the heck is Ellery supposed to do with that information?  And things were going so much better between Paula and him......

Thanks, Louise - even though they're cranky right now, I always love seeing our boys together! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #314 on: August 11, 2008, 08:13:14 pm »
we are getting near the end here folks!

Chapter 69:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/275147.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #315 on: August 11, 2008, 09:15:45 pm »
we are getting near the end here folks!

Chapter 69:  http://louisev.livejournal.com/275147.html

I can't believe this is already Chapter 69, Louise - I'm always a little sad to see one of the tales come to an end, but you did say you had plans, and I always like your plans ...... :)

SPOILERS

“I guess that’s a bit too much, huh...” he trailed off.

Um, yeah, Colson.  Just a bit.   ::)   Good Lord, what would he do if Ellery didn't get nauseous thinking of women?

...Don’t hate me cause I’m beautiful..”

That's a shampoo commercial from the 80's!  LOL!  I love it.  And, actually, Ellery is a lot more beautiful than the actress that did the commercials.  Glad they came to an understanding (for the time being).  I do love when Colson tucks a lock of hair behind Ellery's ear.  Sigh. 

Thanks, Louise!

Marie!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #316 on: August 11, 2008, 09:24:04 pm »
boy you're quick!!!  I always love to read your faithful commentaries, Marie!

And yes, I have plans. I have to let them stew a bit though!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #317 on: August 12, 2008, 03:10:24 pm »
And yes, I have plans. I have to let them stew a bit though!

Hey, that's fine, Louise!  "Stewing" makes things tastier!   ;)

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #318 on: August 17, 2008, 05:21:01 pm »
okay folks, the final chapter!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/275270.html  'Chapter 70'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #319 on: August 18, 2008, 10:37:25 am »
SPOILERS

Great to see Colson and Ellery in (relative) peace!  :)  And, although it was under the worst of circumstances, it appears to be a very good thing indeed for the girls to move to Tourmaline and get a chance to spread their wings. I can't help but feel for Laura, though, up in Prescott with a husband who so clearly doesn't want her or his own child she's carrying... will we get to hear more about how she's doing? 

“Wasn’t so what? Ah ha! Now we get down to it. It ain’t me that finds Samuelson sexy, it’s you! Good thing she don’t wear no black leather cat suit huh?”

LOL!  The truth comes out!  Hmmm, let's see...

Tall - check
Slender - check
Long dark hair - check

Looks like Ellery has it all (and a lot more!!!) covered  - he doesn't have anything to worry about!  :laugh:  And, it was great to see Wayne again, too!  Thanks for another great story, Louise.  Now that the girls are living near Jeremy and Nick, I hope we get to see a lot more of them................. *blatantly obvious hint*  ;D

Marie