Author Topic: Name the Ranch!  (Read 30104 times)

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Name the Ranch!
« Reply #50 on: July 06, 2008, 10:18:00 pm »
Sounds awesome, friend!! Please keep us apprised of the progress! You are so lucky to be unaffected by mountain pine beetle. Around these parts, everywhere I go these days there are piles of firewood. Beetle kill wood.  :'(

"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #51 on: July 07, 2008, 06:37:21 pm »
Heck! I never looked at this thread 'cause I thought it was just a game, but it's for real!  :D

Has a decision on a name been made?

Did you think about naming it after Shadow? Shadow's Retreat? Black Dog Ranch? Something like that?
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #52 on: July 07, 2008, 07:17:44 pm »
Heck! I never looked at this thread 'cause I thought it was just a game, but it's for real!  :D

Has a decision on a name been made?

Did you think about naming it after Shadow? Shadow's Retreat? Black Dog Ranch? Something like that?

The Shadow Knows???

;D ;D

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 07, 2008, 08:40:23 pm »

I presently live in a city apartment in Sydney, but have fantasies about retiring to a small country property up the coast. It would only be about 5 acres. Nothing too big. Something manageable for me in my dotage.

I intend naming the house Cherry Cake Cottage   and having that name inscribed on a plaque by the door.

Reading this thread, however, has given me a new idea. Now I'm thinking about naming the whole property, not just the house.

How does Cherry Cake Homestead sound, with a sign at the gate, rather than on the front porch?

If you like the name, Dana, you are welcome to take it for your place in Wyoming. After all, my place will be half a world away in Australia.

γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #54 on: July 07, 2008, 10:16:21 pm »
I presently live in a city apartment in Sydney, but have fantasies about retiring to a small country property up the coast. It would only be about 5 acres. Nothing too big. Something manageable for me in my dotage.

I intend naming the house Cherry Cake Cottage   and having that name inscribed on a plaque by the door.

Reading this thread, however, has given me a new idea. Now I'm thinking about naming the whole property, not just the house.

How does Cherry Cake Homestead sound, with a sign at the gate, rather than on the front porch?

If you like the name, Dana, you are welcome to take it for your place in Wyoming. After all, my place will be half a world away in Australia.

I like the way Cherry Cake Cottage sounds....and I think it would do for the whole property...People in town would say "Oh Cherry Cake Cottage belongs to Kerry" and everyone will think of the entire place..not just the building..

very old world!!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 18, 2008, 01:54:26 am »

I like the "Cherry Cake Homestead" idea! I really like the "homestead" idea instead of "ranch"!

And the naming after Shadow would cause a problem! I just can't see "Old lazy black dog that can be a pain in the ass Ranch" fitting over the gate!

I would be tickled pink if you chose Cherry Cake Homestead as the name for your ranch, Dana.  :D

And it would be the only one, 'cause Jess has convinced me to go with my first instinct for my place and name it Cherry Cake Cottage:D

Thank ya kindly, Jess.   :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

injest

« Reply #56 on: July 18, 2008, 07:46:51 am »
I would be tickled pink if you chose Cherry Cake Homestead as the name for your ranch, Dana.  :D

And it would be the only one, 'cause Jess has convinced me to go with my first instinct for my place and name it Cherry Cake Cottage:D

Thank ya kindly, Jess.   :D

:) :) :)

thank YOU! That makes my morning!!

injest

« Reply #57 on: October 04, 2008, 02:56:47 pm »
what the ??

white? are those normal??

injest

« Reply #58 on: October 04, 2008, 02:57:16 pm »
Hi Handsome, by the way...

injest

« Reply #59 on: October 04, 2008, 03:27:17 pm »
that is cool....wonder what the deal is though...one is strange...but TWO??

what up with that?

(you ain't putting nothing funny in the water up there are you?)