Author Topic: Any pain in the rear rules where you live?  (Read 2159 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Any pain in the rear rules where you live?
« on: March 18, 2008, 10:31:52 pm »
We live in a gated community.Big mistake.If house prices were not so dire I would move tomorow.
We have been fined/told off /reported so far for,
dirty roof tiles
trampoline and soccer net in the yard,visible from the side walk.Had to plant massive hedge to hide.
Leaving garage dooe open all day.
Putting trash cans out night before collection
me sunbathing minus top
Having a friends van (trade) in the drive after 6.0pm
Forgetting to remove the flags marking out the invisible fence for the dogs.
Refused service at the club as kids did not have shirts with collars,like thats going to happen with the teenager
Then to add insult to injury,charged $700 for food underspend at the club.
Pool pump which was dying making too much noise.

I will never ever live in a gated community again,As soon as house prices recover I am off.
So anyone else have to put up with this.
We were so naieve when we moved here,I just thought nice and safe for the kids,tennis courts golfcourses etc.
Go up to the club when I can't be bothered to cook.Boy was I wrong.Did not fully read the small print,and we are just surrounded by complaining old buggers who have nothing better to do than report me for my various assorted misdemeanours.Well actually one in particular.
It brings out the worst in me anyway,the other day I sunbathed minus top and bottoms.Waiting for that call!!!!Also played my music as loud as I could on the outside speakers untill 10.59.
I know who is doing all the complaining, so I also let the retriever wee as often as possible on her lawn.I know its childish but she so gets to me.

Still it all looks very nice.very stepford wives!!!!!!

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: Any pain in the rear rules where you live?
« Reply #1 on: March 18, 2008, 10:48:21 pm »
Yeah, some of those gated communities sound pretty scary. I can't imagine living in Disney's town, CELEBRATION.  Disney sets the rules for the community, the high school is owned by Disney, most of the ppl who live there work for Disney and you get emails constantly from the town manager (a Disney employee) about the do's and dont's in CELEBRATION. Probably, like not shutting your front curtains till 5:45PM and not opening them until 7:05AM. It sounds worse then STEPFORD.