Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1060513 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #1250 on: June 29, 2006, 05:11:11 pm »
Never.  Never would, either.

The person below me gives money to the homeless.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1251 on: June 29, 2006, 05:24:52 pm »
True.  If they are close and asking for money.

Regarding hitchhiker, I have offered twice under the circumstance that I am 100% sure the person is not threatening the safety of me or my families.  Other times I really want to help, but didn't have that 100% confidence, then I won't risk.  The recent one was in Yosemite park where a couple hike down a trail (4 hours hike I think) but missed the bus to go back to their car.  Since we only have one spare sit in the car, the wife went with us.  It was one hour drive back to Glacier Point (where they left their car).  We had a very nice conversation during the drive.  Somehow we started to talk about politics and she was furious about the current administration and the war.  Needless to say, we enjoyed that conversation, and exchanged phone no.   :)

So now turn the table around, the person below me has successfully hitchhiked.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #1252 on: June 29, 2006, 05:35:09 pm »
Yes, and that's why I give lifts to hitch-hikers unless they look threatening. (You in the US make it sound very scary and dangerous indeed to take hitchhikers :-\)
Hey Jenny, did you go back for the hubby afterwards, or did the wife take this opportunity to go back to being single? ;D

The person below me loves films by Ernst Lubitsch (yes, like me...)
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #1253 on: June 29, 2006, 05:43:07 pm »
Is the person above me going to think less of me since I have no idea who that is?

The person below me loves to wear a particular scent/fragrance.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1254 on: June 29, 2006, 06:02:06 pm »
Hey Jenny, did you go back for the hubby afterwards, or did the wife take this opportunity to go back to being single? ;D
The husband took shuttle bus back to their campground.  I think they were trying to be considerate to let wife come with us since she is female and less threatening by default.  But I wouldn't mind to have the husband ride with us either.  They all look like decent people.

The person below me loves to wear a particular scent/fragrance.
Is the person above me going to think less of me if I don't wear any scent/fragrance? 
And please the person two posts above don't think less of me as I don't know who Ernst Lubitsch is either.

The person below me makes a wish when they see a shooting star.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #1255 on: June 29, 2006, 06:04:51 pm »
Is the person above me going to think less of me since I have no idea who that is?

Certainly not! He was a German Jewish film-maker who had to emigrate to the US like so many others in the 1930's, and he was hilarious! Try watching "To Be Or Not To Be" (especially that one, in which he manages to make you laugh about concentration camps, or at least those who ran them, and to make a total fool out of Hitler, made in 1941 or 42), "Ninotchka" (in which a grim Soviet spy ends up being able to actually laugh...), "The Shop Around The Corner"... Check him up!

Yes, I love one particular perfume called Vetiver (Givenchy makes it). I also like Musk.

Double post, sorry! I'll leave the shooting star to the person below me.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2006, 06:13:08 pm by isabelle »
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #1256 on: June 29, 2006, 07:38:36 pm »
I would makes wishes on shooting stars, but I never see them. I'm a big dork like that.

The person below me loves this game, but is running out of ideas for questions.  :P

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #1257 on: June 29, 2006, 08:30:43 pm »
Not yet, but I fear very soon....

The person below me loves Charlie and the Chocolate Factory, and can't decide if they like the original Gene Wilder film or the more recent Johnny Depp remake.

Offline cmr107

• Call me Courtney
« Reply #1258 on: June 29, 2006, 08:35:36 pm »
True! They were so different...

The person below me keeps their purse (if they carry one) very tidy, with no extra junk.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #1259 on: June 29, 2006, 09:51:18 pm »
Hell, no.  Maybe that's why I keep buying new purses.

The person below me hates olives.
No more beans!