Author Topic: "The Person Below Me" Game  (Read 1047913 times)

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: "The Person Below Me" Game
« Reply #1690 on: July 18, 2006, 04:49:49 am »
Yes, Isabelle, that's right. Glad that I'm not the only one. My husband always says I'm nuts for doing so.
As a child I even "read" the telephone book, looking for funny names (and my father said the same: that I'm nuts reading the phone book - but it was fun  ::))

The person below me did the same: skimming through the phone book looking for funny names.

Offline isabelle

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • And French-kissing, too!
« Reply #1691 on: July 18, 2006, 07:37:12 am »
Yeah, I did that too, and what's wrong with that? :D

The person below me has a very unusual name of surname.
" - I'm vegan now."
"-Vegan? I thought you were still Church of England"

Offline starboardlight

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
    • nipith.com
« Reply #1692 on: July 18, 2006, 09:29:56 am »
The person below me is really going to miss playing with Nipith for the three weeks during which he'll be gone.

;) You're wonderful for saying so. I'll miss you all too.

The person below me has a very unusual name of surname.

;) even in Thailand my name is unique. Here's the back story on my name, so far. My aunt named me. It's a word in the ancient Siamese language. The meaning of the word, she has forgotten, and I don't have the resources to find out. Maybe during my trip, I'll spend a day in a library and try to track it down. So far though, there is a modern Thai word that sounds like it. It's Nimith, which means "new beginning", or "tomorrow's sunrise". It's possible the two words are related. The meaning sounds wonderful and all, but then it begs the question "What was wrong with my older brother?"

the person below me woke up before the sun rose this morning.
"To do is to be." Socrates. - "To be is to do." Plato. - "Do be do be do" Sinatra.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1693 on: July 18, 2006, 09:49:03 am »
True.  My husband awoke at 4am and couldn't sleep (jetlagged) and accidentally roused me.  I practiced German to him/at him for a few minutes and, miraculously (big sarcasm there), he fell asleep.  So did I.  Happiest ending to insomnia ever!

The person below listens to foreign radio via the web.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #1694 on: July 18, 2006, 10:30:30 am »
False.  Sounds like a good idea, though.

The person below me flosses regularly.
No more beans!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1695 on: July 18, 2006, 10:39:24 am »
Not really [blush], but I am getting better.  It was soooo hard at the beginning.  I just couldn't figure out how to put the floss line in between the teeth in the back.

The person below me thinks the hot weather we are having has something to do with global warming.

Offline henrypie

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1696 on: July 18, 2006, 10:58:46 am »
False -- not specifically, anyway.  I "believe in" global warming (you know, like God and the Tooth Fairy); however no layperson can sort degrees of heat into causal categories.

The person below me sleeps primarily on her/his right side.

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #1697 on: July 18, 2006, 11:00:52 am »
True.

by the way, Barb, I LOVE the sig line you're using now, from the Eagles "Already Gone." Their greatest hits CD was one of the first CDs I ever bought!

The person below me would like to try ballroom dancing. (and you should! it's fantastic--get a good and fun teacher and you'll be hooked.)
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #1698 on: July 18, 2006, 11:14:58 am »
False. You seen Ennis Del Mar dancing with Cassie? Well, I'm not *that* bad, but not much better either  :laugh:

The person below me does not own a dish washer and does all the dishes the old-fashioned way.

Offline ThePirateBride

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #1699 on: July 18, 2006, 11:32:46 am »
Both true and false!  I do have a potscrubber dishwasher, but it's never done a proper job, so I still prescrub by hand!  Of course that's only for formal dining, the rest of the time it's paper plates to the trash!   ;)

The person below me buys nice paper plates so there will be no dishwashing necessary!   ;D
Now bring me that horizon.♥We have our heading.