Author Topic: Michelle Williams in Bob Dylan movie, too  (Read 2252 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Michelle Williams in Bob Dylan movie, too
« on: May 25, 2006, 08:16:17 am »
It was posted a week or two ago the Heath Ledger was replacing Colin Farrell in the Bob Dylan movie that is being made. Well, latest news is that Michelle Williams has joined the cast.  Six different people will play Bob (Heath is one of them) including Cate Blanchett. Hmmmm....

Williams, Ledger rocking in Bob Dylan movie

By Sheigh Crabtree and Borys Kit

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - After working together in "Brokeback Mountain," Oscar-nominated couple Heath Ledger and Michelle Williams have joined the all-star cast of the Bob Dylan movie "I'm Not There."

Ledger, who replaces Colin Farrell, would play one of seven actors representing the different aspects of Dylan's life story and music. Williams is set as Coco Rivington, a model with whom an androgynous folk star (Cate Blanchett) is taken. Also cast are Christian Bale, Julianne Moore and Richard Gere.

The film's co-writer/director Todd Haynes ("Velvet Goldmine") and Killer Films principal Christine Vachon persuaded Dylan to assign them the rights to his life story and music two years ago. The first biographical screenplay about Dylan is set to go before the cameras in July in Montreal.

Ledger and Williams received Oscar nominations this year for their performances in Ang Lee's "Brokeback Mountain."
« Last Edit: May 25, 2006, 08:21:40 am by lnicoll »
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
Re: Michelle Williams in Bob Dylan movie, too
« Reply #1 on: May 25, 2006, 10:00:41 am »
I was already interested in this movie, but now seeing who the director is I'm even more excited! I loved Velvet Goldmine, this should be interesting!
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

Offline bbm_stitchbuffyfan

• Brokeback Mountain Resident
  • Ennis and Jack are Forever
Re: Michelle Williams in Bob Dylan movie, too
« Reply #2 on: May 25, 2006, 03:22:31 pm »
That is one kick-ass cast -- even without Ledger and Williams. Ledger alone just makes it 10x better. It's kind of peculiar, however, that they'll be working together again so soon. I certainly don't mind it though.
If you'd just realize what I just realized then we'd be perfect for each other and we'd never have to wonder if we missed out on each other now
We missed out on each other now

R.I.P. Heath Ledger