Author Topic: Could Heath possibly have had ADHD dont shoot me !!!!  (Read 6005 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Could Heath possibly have had ADHD dont shoot me !!!!
« Reply #10 on: April 25, 2008, 09:24:18 am »

I can't believe that Japan would just decide to disrupt so many people's lives by banning Ritalin.  Maybe your brother could try another med?  The med of choice for adults is Dexedrine.

I know it is insane isn't it.I will mention the Dexedrine to him.It is really that he has done so well on Ritalin and been on it for about 10 years.He is in India at the moment as that is where his wife and child live.He therefore spends his life between India and Japan.So he is trying to get a prescription for Ritalin made up in India,then he is just going to have to see whether he is allowed to take it into Japan,with a letter from the Indian psychiatrist.
I sometimes think I have the most dysfunctional family in the world.
We both seem to have inherited the problems from our mother.I worry that if my oldest son has kids he will pass it all on again to yet another generation.
The other 2 kids seem fine and at 10 and 11 I am sure the problems would have shown up by now.They obviously have a bigger share of my husbands sane/sensible genes,thank goodness.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Could Heath possibly have had ADHD dont shoot me !!!!
« Reply #11 on: April 25, 2008, 06:22:09 pm »
Now I think you are being too hard on yourself and your family.  Everyone is alive, more or less well, with many talents and achievements.

Actually now I come to think of it,I do have the distinction of being pronounced sane after they let me out of the lunatic asylum all those years ago.I bet not many people can say that!!!!!!
As the saying goes,there's more out than in.
I graduated from the hospital, and somewhere my parents have the discharge paes to proove I was cured, i.e back sane !!!!!!!!!