Author Topic: Tip toe thru my tulips - and more '08  (Read 105009 times)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Tip toe thru my tulips '08
« Reply #10 on: April 30, 2008, 03:32:50 am »
Just had a look at the thread where I posted my garden pics last year. Seems the garden's ahead of last year.

This is the last picture I took a couple a days ago - featuring the only daffies left worth photographing this year. Also, this is where yesterday I spent 90 minutes preparing the ground to plant some 'dancing' pansies. (also an area that was damaged by my neighbour's truck during the winter). Hope to take pictures later today in order to compare from lastr year's growth.

Interesting discovery in comparing to last year. The first picture - of the bi-coloured (orange/red) tulips - only one of those came out last year. This year, they were the most impressive tulip (so far) - hummm  :-\
2015 - Toronto: Pan Am Games
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

injest

« Reply #11 on: April 30, 2008, 07:32:16 am »
see? what did I tell you? It is interesting and fun to compare last year to this years!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #12 on: April 30, 2008, 04:21:07 pm »
Was cold all day today but sunny. Still the tulips didn't 'open up' any better than they had yesterday, so I'm posting yet another picture of closed tulips - photo taken yesterday. I did however get to work about 90 minutes in the garden today. Was hoping to plant some pansies in the bed nearest the sidewalk but alas, the bed's not sufficiently ready yet.

I love the purple tulips....
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2008, 09:17:49 pm »
Awright. Here's a picture of the garden from last year - taken on April 28. You'll see (in the next post) that this year the plants are much more than just 2 days older than what was showing here.

« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 07:12:34 pm by Sheriff Roland »
2015 - Edmonton, Montréal, Ottawa, Vancouver, Winnipeg: Woman's World Cup of Soccer

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #14 on: April 30, 2008, 09:20:07 pm »
Now for this year's model

Ooh - the grass is looking maingee
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 07:13:14 pm by Sheriff Roland »

injest

« Reply #15 on: May 01, 2008, 12:53:35 am »
but look at the flowers!!  :o :o

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2008, 05:08:43 pm »
Alright, it's suppose torain for the next 3 or 4 days, so there'snot likely to be anything new (except what I've already taken yesterday or today), so here goes. First, the best show so far this summer - the bi-coloured (red/orange) tulips.

Here's a picture I took yesterday when they were partially open (at least it's dif'rent looking than the 'closed' picture I took earlier this week)

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2008, 05:10:40 pm »
Now, here's today's even more remarkable photo of those same tulips ...

injest

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2008, 07:06:21 pm »
Now, here's today's even more remarkable photo of those same tulips ...

:o :o :o :o :o

Offline Sheriff Roland

• BetterMost Supporter
« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2008, 07:39:44 pm »
Netherland's Royal Family found refuge in Canada during the 2nd world war. They have since created an unsurpassed legacy of tulips offering to our nation's capital.

"Many magnificent gifts were given to Canada and her people by the grateful citizens of Holland and its Royal Family, but none so lasting and spectacular as the tulips. The National Capital Commission, part of the Canadian Government, oversees the planting and maintenance of what has now reached close to 3 million tulips that have been gifted over the past 50 years."

http://www.myhero.com/myhero/heroprint.asp?hero=queen_beatrix_06