Author Topic: What do you like on your fries?  (Read 17337 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: What do you like on your fries?
« Reply #30 on: June 08, 2008, 10:38:16 pm »
Fabienne, what kind of mayonnaise is on those fries in the picture? It looks darker than the mayonnaise we use here. Most of our mayonnaise here in the US is white.

The mayonnaise on those fries looks really good. It looks like it might have some seasonings in it. :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #31 on: June 09, 2008, 06:26:45 am »
I know. The mayonaise I make myself is usually yellower than the one you buy in the shops. I guess it has to do with the egg yolks and the mustard.

Try to make it yourself. It's delicious. Best thing to have with fries (or frietjes as we call them)  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

mvansand76

« Reply #32 on: June 09, 2008, 07:10:49 am »
Duh! Me = Dutch so me like mayonnaise on my fries. Don't like fries though.  :-\

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #33 on: June 09, 2008, 09:36:53 am »
I pick salt, ketchup and cheese.  I have had gravy fries and they are delicious, so it was hard to pick between cheese and gravy.   Cheese fries are served more often in the US than gravy fries.  I had the gravy fries served only once at a bar as a snack.

Offline tampatalon

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Never Enuff Time
« Reply #34 on: June 09, 2008, 09:57:07 am »
Malt vinegar

TampaTalon^">
"Lean on me, Let our hearts beat in time, Feel strength from the hands that have held you so long. Who cares where we go on this rutted old road, In a world that may say that we're wrong."--EmmyLou Harris

mvansand76

« Reply #35 on: June 09, 2008, 11:10:19 am »
I know. The mayonaise I make myself is usually yellower than the one you buy in the shops. I guess it has to do with the egg yolks and the mustard.

Try to make it yourself. It's delicious. Best thing to have with fries (or frietjes as we call them)  :)

Jaaaa! Fabienne weet het!  :-* Wij Belgen en Nederlanders weten pas echt hoe het moet he?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #36 on: June 09, 2008, 03:33:11 pm »
Happy deep frying Marie and David.

Are you going to make the mayonaise yourself Marie? 'Cause I can get you a good recipe for that too of course.  ;)  ;D

Well, I was going to just open a jar of Hellmann's! LOL! I've never made it, but I've heard that homemade is really wonderful!  I'm guessing you use oil, egg yolks and maybe lemon juice? - but I'm not sure what else.  Sure I'd love your recipe!

I don't know what kind of recipe you've got in mind Jess, but it sure sounds intriguing.

Do share.  :)

Yes, please! 

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #37 on: June 09, 2008, 03:49:09 pm »
salt viniger and mayo for me almost evry time......

But I do have tomato sauce when I have my absolutely favourite chippy supper...

Fried Pizza supper! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Blocks your arterys but one every few months is allowed!

http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #38 on: June 09, 2008, 03:52:39 pm »
Well, I was going to just open a jar of Hellmann's! LOL! I've never made it, but I've heard that homemade is really wonderful!  I'm guessing you use oil, egg yolks and maybe lemon juice? - but I'm not sure what else.  Sure I'd love your recipe!

Yes, please! 

Marie

Okay, this is the recipe from the original 'farmers's wives cookbook'.

Handmade mayonaise

ingredients (make sure they're all at room temperature, the emulsifying will be easier):
- 1 egg yolk
- 6 fluid ounces of oil (plain vegetable oil)
- 1 table spoon vinegar or lemon juice
- salt and pepper
- 1 teaspoon of mustard (diyon)

- mix the egg yolk, salt and pepper and the mustard. Add the lemon juice or vinegar and mix well.
- Add the oil slowly and keep mixing well using a whisk (which is called an 'egg beater' in the US - thank you Google!) and keep whisking in the same direction
- if the sauce becomes too thick, add some more vinegar or lemon juice and then more oil.

That's it!
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #39 on: June 09, 2008, 06:19:23 pm »
But I do have tomato sauce when I have my absolutely favourite chippy supper...

Fried Pizza supper! mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm

French fries and pizza!!??!!  Yikes - that actually does sound good! LOL!

Okay, this is the recipe from the original 'farmers's wives cookbook'.

Handmade mayonaise

Thanks, Fabiennne!  Sounds so quick and easy, with ingredients I always have at hand - I'll definitley give it a try!

ok by request:

Crash Potatoes

OMG - potato cookies - I've died and gone to heaven and I haven't eaten them yet.  I haven't started dinner yet, so I'm going to make them right now!  Thanks, Jess!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain