Author Topic: widescreen vs. full-screen  (Read 5206 times)

Offline stevenedel

• Jr. Ranch Hand
    • BBM - The Steven edition
Re: widescreen vs. full-screen
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2006, 06:07:36 am »
I am curious about the full-screen version, too (why not, after collecting just about everything even remotely BB-related...) even though for me the cinematographer's vision, i.e., the widescreen, will always remains definitive. Unfortunately, though, there is no region 2 full-screen edition available (yet?)...

(See, I'm not enough of a Brokie yet, or I would just go out and get myself a regionfree player...).
If god had wanted people to be oppressed, he would have created bigger elephants. - Loesje

Offline ranchgal

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: widescreen vs. full-screen
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2006, 05:38:50 pm »
The different things you see goes both ways, you don't see as much side to side with in the scenes in full screen,  BUT you don't see as much top to bottom in the widescreen.
so each has a lamp down there, and a mountain or a treebunch over there take your pick.

I have both, and I love the fullscreen version better.  Exactly the same movie, but in the fullscreen, I feel like I am up close and personal with them face to face more often, and I really like that view.     the widescreen is fine, and you see alittle more sides of the mountains and the cinematographic stuff of the sky and clouds, BUT as far as the impact of the emotion of the movie---I will watch and rewatch my fullscreen several times before I will put the widescreen in once.