Author Topic: Entertainment Weeky's Top 100 Movies of the past 25 years  (Read 3262 times)

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
Entertainment Weeky's Top 100 Movies of the past 25 years
« on: June 20, 2008, 12:36:35 pm »
Entertainment Weekly has been counting down the top 100 movies of the past 25 years. They have some strange choices, I have to say! Pulp Fiction (which I never saw) is #1. The Lord of the Rings Trilogy (which I couldn't sit through) was #2. Titanic is #3. Okay, folks know I like Titanic. Toy Story is #5 (I think). Goodfellas, another one I liked, is #13.

And where does Brokeback Mountain fall on the list? #31, wedged in between When Harry Met Sally (#30) and Fight Club (#32).

You can read more here:

http://www.ew.com/ew/gallery/0,,20207076_20207079_20206941_19,00.html

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
Re: Entertainment Weeky's Top 100 Movies of the past 25 years
« Reply #1 on: June 20, 2008, 02:00:17 pm »
And where does Brokeback Mountain fall on the list? #31, wedged in between When Harry Met Sally (#30) and Fight Club (#32).

I don't know whether that rates a  :P or a  :laugh: (because it's so effen ridiculous, between WHMS and FC, indeed!).  >:(
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #2 on: June 20, 2008, 02:39:52 pm »
I don't know whether that rates a  :P or a  :laugh: (because it's so effen ridiculous, between WHMS and FC, indeed!).  >:(

I agree.

A very strange list indeed.  ???
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: June 20, 2008, 02:48:01 pm »
It's a weird list. Very lowbrow. Still glad BBM made the list, but it's a rather disappointing list.  I'm not a fan of LORD OF THE RINGS and have only watched bits and parts. I guess some Pol get into it but I rather my mythology based on pseudo historical events, Arthurian, instead of fantasy.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #4 on: June 20, 2008, 03:08:31 pm »
A very strange list indeed.  ???

"Strange" is putting it mildly.  I realize I'm biased when it comes to "Brokeback Mountain," but I found a lot of that list bizarre and nonsensical.    ???

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #5 on: June 21, 2008, 03:30:37 am »
At least they call the list "...of the Past 25 Years."  One of my peeves is when a list is called something like "The Greatest [songs/movies/whatevah] of All Time," and then every whatevah is only from the last 25 years.

But yeah, I have a feeling this wouldn't match oilgun or moremojo's lists very well.  :)