Author Topic: Racial Insensitivity or Have We Gone Too Far?  (Read 6431 times)

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Racial Insensitivity or Have We Gone Too Far?
« Reply #10 on: July 28, 2008, 10:35:12 pm »
well instead of trying to ban the use of the word 'black' maybe we need to start trying to show that black is a nice color too? I mean, if you keep getting upset about the use of the color than it just feeds the idea that the color is bad...when a color is neutral...not good or bad.

It always makes me smile, when people call other ethnicities, black or brown or whatever with the intent of using it as an insult.They then head for the beach or tanning salon, to turn their white skin as brown as they can.People who are very white are referred to as pasty looking, not as a complement.So I guess there is really no acceptable colour any more.
My sister in law has the skin condition ventimiglia, where she is losing a lot of her brown pigment, she is Indian.She is very proud of her colour and is trying all sorts of make up to try and disguise all the white patches as they emerge.
It is all just a bit too much these days.
All I know is that since comming to Sarasota, I really miss being able to get a good Indian curry.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Racial Insensitivity or Have We Gone Too Far?
« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2008, 11:00:27 am »
I tell my school kids that, no doubt, somewhere in the line, we all have black in us and we all have white in us and we're all just different shades. And they're like, yeah. LOL.
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~