Author Topic: HOARDING.....what kind of things do we keep  (Read 21197 times)

injest

Re: HOARDING.....what kind of things do we keep
« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2008, 09:06:15 pm »
We may laugh, I guess at these hubbys who save string, but I wonder what those hubbys would think if they saw all the stuff us girls have stashed away, just about things to do with our beloved Brokeback Mountain......(now tell the truth, we all have them) ::) ::)

I have fan fic stories I have printed out and bound with covers, an enormous collection of printed fan art, curtesy of Lucise's thread, not to mention the postcards that Brokies have sent me and little trinkets like cowboy hats on chains and little tents hanging on string. Not to mention 3 copies of the short story, and 2 copies of the dvd.

Now those things I will never throw out.....

I dont' hoard anything! I only keep very important things.

;D ;D ;)

injest

« Reply #11 on: July 17, 2008, 07:51:50 am »
I dont' know if this is hoarding exactly but I know a woman that has a thing about paper towels, if they go on sale she buys by the cart load. I have no idea where she stores them all!

it is hilarious because if you are with her for any length of time the subject will come up, she just has to tell you where they are on sale and for how much and how many she got...

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2008, 08:38:28 am »
Rubber bands and cardboard boxes.  ::)

You never know when you're going to need a rubber band or a good, strong cardboard box. ...  8)
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

injest

« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2008, 08:57:25 am »
Rubber bands and cardboard boxes.  ::)

You never know when you're going to need a rubber band or a good, strong cardboard box. ...  8)

I was JUST thinking I needed a rubber band and a box!

:laugh: ;)

I cant' have rubber bands around the house, the cats go insane over them....they want to eat them but are scared they are gonna get snapped so they will slap at them, flinch and blink their eyes real hard until they have it "killed" then eat it...

Offline Artiste

« Reply #14 on: July 17, 2008, 08:57:51 am »
Rubbers, may I dare mention that ? !!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #15 on: July 20, 2008, 03:06:08 am »
Rubbers, may I dare mention that ? !!

What kind of rubbers?

I know that is the term you use for condoms, but here in Australia, we call an eraser a "rubber"....so when we send our kids off to school we send them with pencils, pencil sharpener and rubbers.

And there are all different shapes, sizes and colours of rubbers so a lot of kids collect them too.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #16 on: July 20, 2008, 07:08:29 am »
What kind of rubbers?

I know that is the term you use for condoms, but here in Australia, we call an eraser a "rubber"....so when we send our kids off to school we send them with pencils, pencil sharpener and rubbers.

And there are all different shapes, sizes and colours of rubbers so a lot of kids collect them too.

we have rubber boots we wear when it is wet and muddy out. we call them rubbers...

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #17 on: July 20, 2008, 08:00:21 am »
we have rubber boots we wear when it is wet and muddy out. we call them rubbers...

We call them "gum boots"........dont ask me why...dont know where the gum part came from....
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #18 on: July 20, 2008, 08:07:58 am »
We call them "gum boots"........dont ask me why...dont know where the gum part came from....

well we all know you Aussies are rebellous bunch that just do things your way anyhoo!  ;) ;)

MY favorite thing that we have different names for is a 'crush'....we call them 'stocks' over here, so the first time I heard someone say they were gonna build a crush for their horses, I was appalled...Why would you crush your horses!!??

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

(for those that dont' know what either of those are: They are a metal cage resembling the gates race horses get into to start a race except they have metal panels around the bottom you can open to get to different parts of the horse. You use them when you need to restrain the horse for medical procedures usually)

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
« Reply #19 on: July 20, 2008, 09:32:14 am »

Here in Pennsylvania we call rubber boots ... boots.

The low-cut things that just cover up a pair of low shoes we call rubbers.

Folks from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, call rubber bands gum bands.
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.