Author Topic: HOARDING.....what kind of things do we keep  (Read 21196 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: HOARDING.....what kind of things do we keep
« Reply #20 on: July 20, 2008, 09:56:38 am »
Well looks like "rubber" and "gum" have the same meanings all over the place.

Now I came in to tell you about the hoarding habits of my mum.

When she buys a new appliance, such as an iron, toaster, electric frypan, she finds it difficult to throw the old one away. So, what she does is take the new one out of the box, and uses it, and puts the old one IN that same box, and then stores it away in the garage or in a cupboard.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #21 on: July 20, 2008, 10:04:05 am »
Well looks like "rubber" and "gum" have the same meanings all over the place.

Now I came in to tell you about the hoarding habits of my mum.

When she buys a new appliance, such as an iron, toaster, electric frypan, she finds it difficult to throw the old one away. So, what she does is take the new one out of the box, and uses it, and puts the old one IN that same box, and then stores it away in the garage or in a cupboard.

LOL!!

that reminds me of one of MY hoarding things....I can't bring myself to throw away the user manuals on anything I buy. I have the owners manual from every car I ever had, I have user manuals for VCRs I dont' own anymore, stereos, cameras....

what am I saving them for??!!

why do I need the 'seasoning' instructions for four iron skillets? You season every one the same so you would think ONE would suffice...

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #22 on: July 20, 2008, 11:18:16 am »
Injest you say:
       I have the owners manual from every car I ever had, I have user manuals for VCRs I dont' own anymore, stereos, cameras....

Sell them at auctions or one auction that will accept them ? Or on the internet ?

Some car manuals are needed, especially for old cars !

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #23 on: July 20, 2008, 11:29:04 am »
There you go Jess, you might have something useful in those old car manuals after all.

Another thing I've noticed that I have quite a collection of now, and that is computer discs.

I have them from my first computer, printer, mouse, keyboards, scanners, and any subsequent updates I have owned. They just seem too important to throw out.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #24 on: July 20, 2008, 12:00:08 pm »
There you go Jess, you might have something useful in those old car manuals after all.

Another thing I've noticed that I have quite a collection of now, and that is computer discs.

I have them from my first computer, printer, mouse, keyboards, scanners, and any subsequent updates I have owned. They just seem too important to throw out.

LOL!! magazines I am gonna read someday...I swear!

injest

« Reply #25 on: July 20, 2008, 10:14:53 pm »
all this talk of hoarding got me motivated and I went thru my files and threw away a whole garbage bag full of papers (and that was just the FIRST cut!!) I need to got thru it all better but I wanted to cull things I KNEW I didn't need anymore.  :P

I didn't throw away a paper I found where D had wrote "I luv yu vere lot" when he was a kindergartener though...I saved that!

*Jess's heart melting*

injest

« Reply #26 on: July 20, 2008, 10:15:44 pm »
Injest you say:
       I have the owners manual from every car I ever had, I have user manuals for VCRs I dont' own anymore, stereos, cameras....

Sell them at auctions or one auction that will accept them ? Or on the internet ?

Some car manuals are needed, especially for old cars !

Au revoir,
hugs!

hmmmm....might be an idea!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #27 on: July 20, 2008, 10:51:29 pm »
all this talk of hoarding got me motivated and I went thru my files and threw away a whole garbage bag full of papers (and that was just the FIRST cut!!) I need to got thru it all better but I wanted to cull things I KNEW I didn't need anymore.  :P

I didn't throw away a paper I found where D had wrote "I luv yu vere lot" when he was a kindergartener though...I saved that!

*Jess's heart melting*

Aww! That's so cute. I don't blame you at all for saving that. You can't throw things like that away. :)
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #28 on: July 20, 2008, 11:43:56 pm »
I have one of his masterpieces from when he first started drawing...He was VERY controlled no wild scribbling for him..he would get a sheet of paper, pick out a crayon and intently lean over the table, make a TINY little mark in the middle of the paper (sometimes a circle if he was feeling really uninhibited) and call it finished!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: July 21, 2008, 12:07:48 am »
I have one of his masterpieces from when he first started drawing...He was VERY controlled no wild scribbling for him..he would get a sheet of paper, pick out a crayon and intently lean over the table, make a TINY little mark in the middle of the paper (sometimes a circle if he was feeling really uninhibited) and call it finished!

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Little kids are so cute! :D

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.