Author Topic: HOARDING.....what kind of things do we keep  (Read 21407 times)

Offline Lumière

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: HOARDING.....what kind of things do we keep
« Reply #60 on: October 16, 2008, 07:35:48 pm »

Oh yes.....my email......I dont think to clean out the inbox until I get a message from my server that my mailbox is nearly full....and then, all I do, is delete them, and they end up in my "deleted email box"....I always think, I might need that email for something....what?...I dont know....Maybe thats why my computer runs so slow, all the stuff I have collected and dont want to throw out........I have created my own cyber box of, "cant throw that out" stuff.

The thing with email accounts, I find,  is that you get so much storage these days.

Because I am in no danger of running out of space, I never get around to cleaning out old messages...
that and the thought that I may need to go back to an old email for one reason or other (even though that happens very infrequently)..  :)

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #61 on: October 16, 2008, 07:44:03 pm »

The thing with email accounts, I find,  is that you get so much storage these days.

Because I am in no danger of running out of space, I never get around to cleaning out old messages...
that and the thought that I may need to go back to an old email for one reason or other (even though that happens very infrequently)..  :)

THAT is EXACTLY what I mean.......sure as eggs, as soon as I delete it, I will need it....... ::)
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

injest

« Reply #62 on: October 16, 2008, 07:56:38 pm »
THAT is EXACTLY what I mean.......sure as eggs, as soon as I delete it, I will need it....... ::)

well lets say I DO need one of the 20,000 emails I have saved...

how the heck would I find it?

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #63 on: October 16, 2008, 08:08:47 pm »
Anyone has a clothes pin collection ?

Offline Katie77

« Reply #64 on: October 16, 2008, 08:18:30 pm »

That Jess, is a hoarders nightmare........knowing you have something saved and tucked away safely, and you cant find the bloody place you put it.

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #65 on: October 16, 2008, 08:36:33 pm »
Oh yes.....my email......I dont think to clean out the inbox until I get a message from my server that my mailbox is nearly full....and then, all I do, is delete them, and they end up in my "deleted email box"....I always think, I might need that email for something....what?...I dont know....Maybe thats why my computer runs so slow, all the stuff I have collected and dont want to throw out........I have created my own cyber box of, "cant throw that out" stuff.

Do what I did, Sue, and open yourself a Yahoo account. It's free and has unlimited  storage. I have thousands of emails in my Yahoo account.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #66 on: October 16, 2008, 08:46:24 pm »

The solution to your dilemma, Jess, is to open sub-directories in your email account. As well as having the standard settings such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent, Spam and Trash, my Yahoo email account has an addition setting called My Folders. I have a series of sub-folders in My Folders and shift emails that I want to keep into them, once I've opened them. Anything else is trashed.  :D
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

« Reply #67 on: October 16, 2008, 08:49:49 pm »
Do what I did, Sue, and open yourself a Yahoo account. It's free and has unlimited  storage. I have thousands of emails in my Yahoo account.  :D

Done that....have my bigpond main account, plus an account with Yahoo, AOL and hotmail...... all with hundreds of emails I might need one day... ::)