Author Topic: Sarah Palin- John McCain's Pick For VP - Is Homophobic  (Read 35440 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: Sarah Palin- John McCain's Pick For VP - Is Homophobic
« Reply #20 on: September 01, 2008, 01:39:46 am »
Wow, I gravitated towards this thread, as I was on your blog, and have to reply <sigh>

I'm actually thinking very positively about this VP choice.  You see, imo, McCain has made a grave error, and he will pay for it.  He's just alienated so many women, minorities, gun haters, etc.

I think Pallin (sp?) is a great choice!  She's so unknown, inexperienced, anti-everything, even to the point of forcing women to go through pregnancies of incest and rape, so anti-science, et cetera, she's going to turn off many, many people.  Just because she's a woman doesn't mean all of us women will vote for this "beauty queen"!  ACK.

Btw, I have to also add, I'm from a farm/ranch family, and we do hunt, but for use of meat, and I have very strong ideas about what kinds of guns should be allowed in this country.

Vi

Well, it's just like I told Jess in a PM (she lives on a farm with animals they use for food), it's a little different if you hunt for survival, or kill animals on a farm because this is the way your lifestyle is set up. Could I do it? No. I highly doubt it. But I don't fault those who need to do it in order to live.

We have Kroger, Marsh and Meijer here thank God! :laugh:

I get very upset when people kill animals for trophies. Did you see that picture up there Viper? She has a bear skin on the back of her sofa! I find that extremely appalling. >:(

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

injest

« Reply #21 on: September 01, 2008, 01:42:47 am »
I also have a real problem with guns in this country. There is no need for people to have half the guns they have. I won't have a handgun on the place for example. We DO have shotguns and rifles though

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #22 on: September 01, 2008, 01:47:03 am »
I also have a real problem with guns in this country. There is no need for people to have half the guns they have. I won't have a handgun on the place for example. We DO have shotguns and rifles though

I agree with you Jess. Hand guns are bad because they are easily consealed. Many of the gangs here in Indianapolis pack handguns. They hide them down their britches, inside coat pockets and God knows where else.

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #23 on: September 01, 2008, 02:04:37 am »
Yes David, I did see that pic, and have seen others in my reading about this gal.
I'm NOT into trophy hunting.  That is WRONG.  My family is a true farm/ranch family of many generations.  We raise the stuff for supermarkets, but we also have hunted through the generations.  We put the meat to good use.....although I have to admit, I married a guy who's never shot anything in his life, and I don't actively hunt anymore.  We do fill our freezer w/ our own produce and meat every year about this time. 

I do believe in gun ownership for hunting purposes.  But the proliferation of high tech, over powered, semi-auto/automatic weapons these days scares the hell outta me. 

I'm also a pet lover.....rescuer.  2 big dogs atm, 4 cats who own the house, horses too!

lol.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #24 on: September 01, 2008, 02:10:25 am »
Yes David, I did see that pic, and have seen others in my reading about this gal.
I'm NOT into trophy hunting.  That is WRONG.  My family is a true farm/ranch family of many generations.  We raise the stuff for supermarkets, but we also have hunted through the generations.  We put the meat to good use.....although I have to admit, I married a guy who's never shot anything in his life, and I don't actively hunt anymore.   We do fill our freezer w/ our own produce and meat every year about this time. 

I do believe in gun ownership for hunting purposes.  But the proliferation of high tech, over powered, semi-auto/automatic weapons these days scares the hell outta me. 

I'm also a pet lover.....rescuer.  2 big dogs atm, 4 cats who own the house, horses too!
lol.

So then it's people like you who feed ME!! :D

How can I find fault in that? Although (and please don't hit me upside the head) I buy soy whenever possible!  ;D

Now I KNOW we're gonna be really good friends! Good for you Viper! And thank you! :-*

injest

« Reply #25 on: September 01, 2008, 02:16:50 am »
*whispers to David*

tell her she mentioned her pets so now she has to post pics of them for us or we will cry like BABIES...

Offline viper

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #26 on: September 01, 2008, 02:19:05 am »
*whispers to David*

tell her she mentioned her pets so now she has to post pics of them for us or we will cry like BABIES...

Pssstttt.....David, tell injest that I'm almost 50, and that tiny print will KILL my eyes!  lolol...

I have pics of them all.  I'll have to figure out how to do such here.   ;D

Edit to add:  Also WHERE to do it, on this humongous site!   ???

injest

« Reply #27 on: September 01, 2008, 02:20:38 am »

Pssstttt.....David, tell injest that I'm almost 50, and that tiny print will KILL my eyes!  lolol...

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

ok then I will be looking forward to seeing them!

now I gotta go to bed or tomorrow I will be WORTHLESS...

good night kids!

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #28 on: September 01, 2008, 02:33:31 am »

Edit to add:  Also WHERE to do it, on this humongous site!   ???

:laugh: :laugh:

OMG I just saw that!! :laugh:

Jess is a trip! Okay, I'll tell her for you Viper! ;)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #29 on: September 01, 2008, 02:35:59 am »
BTW Viper, here's what Jess whispered...

tell her she mentioned her pets so now she has to post pics of them for us or we will cry like BABIES.

Jess is a big animal lover too! :D