Author Topic: Bug Cuisine  (Read 26144 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Bug Cuisine
« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2008, 10:57:37 am »

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2008, 12:27:30 pm »
Witchetty grubs are considered a delicacy by Australia's aboriginal peoples. They dig them out of tree bark and swallow them down while they're still alive and wriggling.  :o They're quite huge and disgusting in appearance.  :P They must taste yummy, though, because there seems to be a lot of smiles all round, from the diners.  ;D  Personally, if I was starving in the wilderness, I'm inclined to think I'd prefer to go looking for some wild berries, in preference to giving serious thought to pilfering the contents of a spider's web. Barf!  :P

Those grubs are soo gross I had to turn away from the T.V when the poor celeb ate them.You are quite right they eat them alive !!!!  They look like giant mutated maggots.Quite frankly, if it was those or death,I think I would probably just turn my toes up.!!!! I hope to goodness it is not a situation I am ever faced with.

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2008, 02:17:57 pm »
they are nasty lookin'!  Eat them alive?    :o  ewwwwh

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • ^ In pursuit of Captain Moonlite - 5 Sept 2009
    • Google Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 12, 2008, 09:28:51 pm »
Those grubs are soo gross I had to turn away from the T.V when the poor celeb ate them.You are quite right they eat them alive !!!!  They look like giant mutated maggots.Quite frankly, if it was those or death,I think I would probably just turn my toes up.!!!! I hope to goodness it is not a situation I am ever faced with.

I'm with you, Fiona!  :P
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline Katie77

• Love is a force of Nature
« Reply #24 on: September 13, 2008, 08:59:31 am »
Personally, I can't imagine why anyone in their right mind would even consider  eating insects. Yetch.  :P

Even if all meat - beef, lamb, pork - were to be banned tomorrow, I would happily eat fruit, vegetables, berries, nuts, grains, bread, rice, pasta, etc., rather than consuming insects.

Had I visited that food fair in Richmond, Virginia, my cynical, skeptical, suspicious mind would have immediately suspected the bug chefs were having a little joke at their clients' expense. I would have been looking around for the candid cameras  and insisted on seeing THEM eat some of their own concoctions before considering trying any of it myself. And even then, I still wouldn't try it.  :(  I'm just not an adventurous eater, I guess.  ::)

I figured most everyone would have the same reaction as me, but I was curious to find out if there was anyone here who would actually seriously consider eating bugs and if so, why? Anyone? ???   

Well........I have had the occassional fly get sucked down my throat if Ive been yawning in a cow paddock..... ::)
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #25 on: September 13, 2008, 09:23:36 am »
Well........I have had the occassional fly get sucked down my throat if Ive been yawning in a cow paddock..... ::)

Isn't there an old wives tale/urban myth that tou swallow x no. of flies while you are asleep !!

injest

« Reply #26 on: September 13, 2008, 11:06:01 am »

Isn't there an old wives tale/urban myth that tou swallow x no. of flies while you are asleep !!

spiders....they say we swallow spiders!

*shudder*

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 13, 2008, 11:51:22 am »
spiders....they say we swallow spiders!

*shudder*

Yet another excellent reason to sleep with a mosquito net over one's bed.  :-\   :)
γνῶθι σεαυτόν

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #28 on: September 13, 2008, 08:57:52 pm »
I'm sure we swallow that stuff.  Yucky as it may be.

and if we knew about how some of our food is prepared (peanut butter, twinkies) we'd never eat them again!

Offline Kerry

• BetterMost Supporter!
    • Google Profile
« Reply #29 on: September 13, 2008, 09:05:38 pm »
I'm sure we swallow that stuff.  Yucky as it may be.

and if we knew about how some of our food is prepared (peanut butter, twinkies) we'd never eat them again!

Confucius say, "He who work in frankfurt factory NEVER eat frankfurt."   
γνῶθι σεαυτόν