Author Topic: Say Hi and Introduce Yourself  (Read 57817 times)

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
Re: --->>Say Hi and Introduce Yourself!
« Reply #90 on: June 13, 2006, 09:33:38 pm »
Jude, you sound like an old-fashioned enabler, and I like that!   :)  With friends like you, I may never get packed!  Six weeks and counting until the van shows up.  I have threatened somewhere on this forum to have a Brokeback Moving party, where everyone whose fascinating and gripping posts have kept me reading and typing instead of packing will have to come help me in the last 48 hours.  So mark your calendars, all you insightful and witty thinkers.... redine it here and I'll provide the coffee and cherry cake.  Cheers!  and thanks for the good will. 
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline b_hynds

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #91 on: June 14, 2006, 01:02:16 am »
Brendan, it was great to meet you and your wife tonight at the theater! 
It was great to meet you Clarrisa!!!!. ;D  I had a great time in San Fran. I'm looking forward to June 12,2007!!!!
I just walked in the door 5 minutes ago, I'm so exausted, I'm going to check out the pictures on the Castro thread, then I'm off to bed.
"I did once"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #92 on: June 14, 2006, 07:03:33 am »
Brendan, Alec--

Hi and welcome.

Brendan--good to see you again. We chatted back in the dark ages about nursing as a career. Let me know if you have more questions/answers...I am active on this board.

Take care,
Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #93 on: June 14, 2006, 08:02:37 am »
Jude, you sound like an old-fashioned enabler, and I like that!   :) 
Alec, pleeease! I prefer the term 'fixer'..   ;)

I may never get packed!  Six weeks and counting until the van shows up.  I have threatened somewhere on this forum to have a Brokeback Moving party, where everyone whose fascinating and gripping posts have kept me reading and typing instead of packing will have to come help me in the last 48 hours.  So mark your calendars, all you insightful and witty thinkers.... redine it here and I'll provide the coffee and cherry cake.  Cheers!  and thanks for the good will.
Six weeks?! That's plenty of time!! That's about the time Ennis and Jack had on BBM together the first time and you know how much THEY have managed to do...

But I'll come to the party anyway..  ;D

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #94 on: June 14, 2006, 07:28:58 pm »
Welcome Alec!!!!!! I have never been affected like a movie like this either. People in my "real" life think it's a little wierd. They keep saying "it's just a movie". Of course I realize that it's a movie, but it's so much more than that to me.

Thanks for the welcome b_hynds ... BBM of course IS more than "just a movie" ... and that is coming from someone who has almost NEVER been much interested in seeing a movie more than once (sorry if that is blasphemy to some!  I am a huge fan of The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, if that counts.  :)  )  BBM is a remarkable lens on what it is to be human and to know pain and hope and sorrow ... not to mention a whole new ebay category for me to search and pillage.  Better yet, it's also a group of online buddies who can support each other in These Dark Times when much of our species does not uderstand Our Truth. 

Thanks to all for the moral support!  The ideas and warmth on this board are fantastic ... I am sorrly only that I waited so long to join.
"... he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream."

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #95 on: June 14, 2006, 07:37:37 pm »
Alec, pleeease! I prefer the term 'fixer'..   ;)
 Six weeks?! That's plenty of time!! That's about the time Ennis and Jack had on BBM together the first time and you know how much THEY have managed to do...

But I'll come to the party anyway..  ;D

~ j U d E

Jude -- love the term "fixer" -- adopting it as my own.   :) 

And this packing thing could get desperate if people on here keep entrancing me with their thougthful, funny, poignant posts and photos... I'm still working 50 hours a week, traveling to set up my new life, and you haven't seen what a wreck my house is... I'd just better start baking cherry cake for all you helpers-to-be  ;)

plus now Jude has distracted me into thinking about our heroes in the tent... now I can plan on losing at least an hour of packing time to daydreaming... (sigh).  Thanks for the memories, as it were!

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #96 on: June 15, 2006, 03:27:51 am »
Look who is here...
(The introduction is posted under open forum.  I just want to mention it here as well in case you miss it.)
http://bettermost.net/forum/index.php?topic=31.msg43175;topicseen#msg43175

Offline b_hynds

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #97 on: June 20, 2006, 03:02:36 am »
Thanks for the welcome b_hynds ... BBM of course IS more than "just a movie" ... and that is coming from someone who has almost NEVER been much interested in seeing a movie more than once (sorry if that is blasphemy to some!  I am a huge fan of The Adventures of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert, if that counts.  :)  )  BBM is a remarkable lens on what it is to be human and to know pain and hope and sorrow ... not to mention a whole new ebay category for me to search and pillage.  Better yet, it's also a group of online buddies who can support each other in These Dark Times when much of our species does not uderstand Our Truth. 

Thanks to all for the moral support!  The ideas and warmth on this board are fantastic ... I am sorrly only that I waited so long to join.
I couldn't agree with you more Alec. I actually think I'm addicted to purchasing BBM memrobilia on ebay. I need help, my credit card is maxed but now I just send money orders. I actually bought a script last week that was signed by the whole cast. I'm still excited about that purchase.
"I did once"

Offline b_hynds

• Jr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #98 on: June 20, 2006, 03:10:28 am »
Brendan, Alec--

Hi and welcome.

Brendan--good to see you again. We chatted back in the dark ages about nursing as a career. Let me know if you have more questions/answers...I am active on this board.

Take care,
Leslie

Hi Leslie!!!
Thanks for the welcome and I'm sure I'll have more questions about nursing as the application deadline approaches. I'm not to sure about my chances now though, it's pretty competitive and going to san fran didn't help my stats grades >:(
"I did once"

Offline alec716

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #99 on: June 20, 2006, 08:40:02 pm »
I couldn't agree with you more Alec. I actually think I'm addicted to purchasing BBM memrobilia on ebay. I need help, my credit card is maxed but now I just send money orders. I actually bought a script last week that was signed by the whole cast. I'm still excited about that purchase.

I can highly recommend the four by six foot bus stop-sized poster movie advertisement on ebay... Jake and Ennis larger than life... makes that certain "statment" anywhere you put it!  My poster makes me very happy.   :)