Author Topic: In the Land of the Lotus Eaters: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 163990 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: In the Land of the Lotus Eaters: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #80 on: October 27, 2008, 07:00:07 pm »
okey doke!

At last, a chapter 20!!!  I took a nap when I arrived in Rawlins, WY, and I still feel a bit rubbery, but I have logged 1000 miles in two days!  Holy cow!  And eaten more tacos than I want to count!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/281056.html

SPOILERS

Holy cow is right!  Hope it was a good nap - and now I'm in the mood for mexican food!

So funny how Colson kept changing his mind about getting fancy - but the trip does seem to be doing him a lot of good despite all the interruptions and mishaps.  No matter where they go, the telephone does seem to be their bane.  I love how he told Ellery he wasn't ashamed and that he actually offered to go to the club!  Way to go, Colson!   :)

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #81 on: October 27, 2008, 08:24:49 pm »
He is starting to feel that strange liberation that comes from being far away from the familiar and daring to do things he would never do otherwise.  A step at a time.  Which of course was what Ellery was hoping would happen!!!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #82 on: October 30, 2008, 12:32:23 am »
Okay, no more excuses, people. I'm moved in, I got the internet on, I got groceries bought, and I don't have to report to work till Monday... so tomorrow I have time carved out for a chapter of this story and find out what happens at Capri!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #83 on: October 31, 2008, 09:56:46 pm »
The long awaited chapter 21!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/281228.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #84 on: November 01, 2008, 04:48:11 pm »
SPOILERS

Sevigny's father has a lot of money and that can be dangerous, since he won't mind wasting it just to cause trouble, and his lawyer won't mind dragging things out just to keep billing him.....

Funny that Edna's going to get a microwave out of this whole mess!  LOL!

"Yer turned on by that,” Ellery accused once more.

“No I ain’t.”

:laugh:  Uh oh.  Well, that pesky 20% is bound to pop up every now and then, but looking on the bright side, I do recall that the last time it happened Colson was bound and determined to prove himself to Ellery, so .......

Thanks, Louise!
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #85 on: November 02, 2008, 12:05:47 am »
I think you read that exactly right, Marie!  Ellery really doesn't care for the lingering looks his man gives to the OTHER sex!

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #86 on: November 02, 2008, 02:57:29 pm »
Well, that pesky 20% is bound to pop up every now and then, but looking on the bright side, I do recall that the last time it happened Colson was bound and determined to prove himself to Ellery, so .......

Thanks, Louise!
Marie

Right! Maybe Colson shouldn't get liquored up too fast right?  ;) I wonder what Colson is going to tell Wes and Edna about this trip. Not too much I think, poor Edna might have another 'vaseline' moment.

And a thin waiter in an apron with a pout....for a second there, I thought his name was going to be Gene!  ;D

Thanks Louise. Can't wait to find out what song Colson and Ellery are going to dance to. Whenever they finally make it to the dance floor.

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #87 on: November 02, 2008, 03:13:35 pm »
I wonder what Colson is going to tell Wes and Edna about this trip. Not too much I think, poor Edna might have another 'vaseline' moment.

:laugh: :laugh:  Good one, Fabienne!  Yeah, I think it's probably best if the boys don't give too many details about their trip! 

Marie

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #88 on: November 04, 2008, 12:43:10 am »
Right! Maybe Colson shouldn't get liquored up too fast right?  ;) I wonder what Colson is going to tell Wes and Edna about this trip. Not too much I think, poor Edna might have another 'vaseline' moment.

And a thin waiter in an apron with a pout....for a second there, I thought his name was going to be Gene!  ;D

Thanks Louise. Can't wait to find out what song Colson and Ellery are going to dance to. Whenever they finally make it to the dance floor.

there have to be a few stereotypical gay men in there somewhere!

I'll try to get back on track once the election is over - I am a LEETLE BIT DISTRACTED right now!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #89 on: November 06, 2008, 03:14:27 pm »
Yes, gang, I am getting back to thinking about our boys at the gay bar... now that the election is over!  I went to a big election night party and getting used to my new job, but things are now evening out and I have mental space to start writing again!