Author Topic: In the Land of the Lotus Eaters: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 163984 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: In the Land of the Lotus Eaters: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #130 on: December 14, 2008, 05:22:22 pm »
Ellery can never pass up a good pun on "meat".

And here is chapter 32! New developments.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/284082.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #131 on: December 14, 2008, 09:19:15 pm »
Ellery can never pass up a good pun on "meat".

And here is chapter 32! New developments.

http://louisev.livejournal.com/284082.html

SPOILERS

Well, I guess I can stop racking my brain wondering who will be Paula's new love interest! LOL.  As usual, you're full of surprises, Louise.  You're not kidding about "new developments."  What an interesting character Henry Caulfield is - criminal psychologist, rancher, writer. 

But, oh my..... I can't wait to see Ellery's reaction to the idea of being "sorted out" by a psychologist! 

And, of course, Wes's timing with the phone call is as perfect, as always - thank god for voicemail.   :laugh:  Looking forward to more!

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #132 on: December 14, 2008, 09:51:32 pm »
muah hahahahah yes, Wes always does know when to call!  And are you saying you see a chicken caesar salad in Paula's future?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #133 on: December 15, 2008, 03:02:26 am »
Damn, (or 'goddamn it all to hell', as Ellery would say  ;D), two new chapters, and I need to leave for work....

AAAARRRGGGHHHH

Looking forward to my lunch break.  :)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #134 on: December 15, 2008, 12:58:24 pm »
what?  are you saying you want me to slow down Fabienne?

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #135 on: December 15, 2008, 03:28:17 pm »
what?  are you saying you want me to slow down Fabienne?

NEVAH!!!

:)  :)

Lunch was excellent btw. I was in good company of course, with Colson and Ellery, Joe and Wes.

I was eating my sandwiches at my computer. They were tasty, but I had a sudden craving for a chicken cesar salade...

And Henry Caulfield huh? He sure sounds interesting. But I have a feeling that Ellery won't share that opinion. LOL Talk about 'throwing a bat in the chicken pen', as we say over here. 

Thanks Louise!  :)

'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #136 on: December 15, 2008, 04:40:04 pm »
that's a great saying! bat into a chicken pen.

No, I don't think Ellery is going to be too thrilled.

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #137 on: December 15, 2008, 07:10:16 pm »

Talk about 'throwing a bat in the chicken pen', as we say over here. 

Oh, that is a great saying, Fabienne!  And so perfectly apt.  Can you picture Ellery meekly reclining on a psychologist's couch so he can be "sorted out"?  Ha!  Wes is going to have to pull rank and then some!

Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #138 on: December 16, 2008, 02:01:03 pm »
For those who think you are the only remaining small population of readers of the Greenlea Tales, I just thought I should tell you about what happened the past couple of days.

After long consideration and observing that the BBM fandom is suffering from friends-locked fics, unfinished fics, vanished and abandoned fics, and a decrease in new authors, it might be worth letting people outside Bettermost know that this series exists in an eye-popping 13 story series, 12 of which are complete.  As a result of my posting links, there are now at least 10 people who have started or tried out reading "Greenlea Tales", and at least 5 who are marathon-reading.  There were over 500 hits on TC Reader's site yesterday as a result.  I do not know whether that means new folks will be making comments on the stories.  After all, most of you know what it's like to read 100 livejournal pages and you aren't going to slow down to make a comment rather than go to the next page!  In addition, it looks like there are approximately 50 regular readers who are up to date reading "In the Land of the Lotus Eaters."  Not bad for an "aging fandom."

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #139 on: December 16, 2008, 02:18:28 pm »
Great news, Louise.  I'm glad to hear that there are more people enjoying your stories. 

And, ahh, yes, the days of marathon reading ..... I remember them well - and fondly!  :)

Marie