Author Topic: Please note - some stuff you might be missing - UPDATED on 4/2  (Read 3552 times)

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Please note that long threads have multiple pages of posts, and the message board topics are also on multiple pages.  Make sure you look for additional pages (clickable numbers at the top and bottom).

There's lots of options for all kinds of personalized settings and communication options.  There's also a members list to see everyone (for the entire forum, not just us).  Please explore everything here, and enjoy Phil & John's great work.

Some of the first threads on this board were old ones I brought over from CT to make ya'll feel more at home.  Might want to check 'em out...
« Last Edit: April 02, 2006, 11:38:26 am by Ellemeno »
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Please note - some stuff you might be missing
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 05:47:25 am »
bump for usefulness

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2006, 06:30:45 am »
bump and a sticky

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #3 on: April 02, 2006, 09:51:58 am »
I don't know if there is any way to contact Phillip about this--I guess I could PM him, but just wondering if it's possible to see more threads per page than the 25 or 30 (just guessing) that we can currently see per page.

It would be nice to not have to click so many times to see all the threads here by title or all the responses within each thread.

Jenny
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2006, 10:22:12 am »
I don't know if there is any way to contact Phillip about this--I guess I could PM him, but just wondering if it's possible to see more threads per page than the 25 or 30 (just guessing) that we can currently see per page. It would be nice to not have to click so many times to see all the threads here by title or all the responses within each thread.

Jenny I just sent Phillip a note on this, I had been meaning to anyways since we are discussing setting up a new forum on BetterMost (outside of CT) for the ABC game, and that would affect how easy it is to play.  I'll keep you posted on what I hear (unless of course Phillip does so himself).
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2006, 10:46:07 am »
I don't know if there is any way to contact Phillip about this--I guess I could PM him, but just wondering if it's possible to see more threads per page than the 25 or 30 (just guessing) that we can currently see per page.

It would be nice to not have to click so many times to see all the threads here by title or all the responses within each thread.

I have increased this substantially this morning.  It's a balancing act because setting it too high can slow down the forum because of the additional stress placed on the server to get and display a larger series of messages.  For dial-up users, it also will slow down the time it takes to finish displaying messages.  You should see many more messages now, and for those who want to REALLY want it all, larger threads will start to offer the option of displaying ALL messages if you choose that option.

When you hit reply, below the editing window, you can scroll through 50 previous replies now, which is also an increase.  You can also choose individual messages to quote from in your replies, so if there are four messages you want to reply to, you can Insert Quote each one in a single reply, and then address each message in turn, all in one single reply.  This lets you reply to a lot of messages in a fast moving thread without having to hit reply on multiple messages, quoting them one at a time.

Let me know if this helps.

I am discussing the the mods how to structure the re-start of your ABC game and what form it could take here.  I don't see a problem doing it, but I want to explore what form it takes here.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline amh

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • C'mere, baby.
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2006, 01:06:22 pm »
You should see many more messages now, and for those who want to REALLY want it all, larger threads will start to offer the option of displaying ALL messages if you choose that option.

Thanks Phillip - being allowed to do that would be best for the ABC game, but if it starts taxing your server please do let us know.
:-* This ain't no rodeo, cowboy.

Offline j.U.d.E.

Re: Please note - some stuff you might be missing - UPDATED on 4/2
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2006, 01:09:38 pm »
Philip, hi! Just wanted to say that I like your 'Statistics' page a lot! Very interesting information! Especially funny to see the massive increase in new members and posts on and since March 30!

Wondering why...  ;D ;D

Thank you Philip!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline YaadPyar

« Reply #8 on: April 02, 2006, 01:13:58 pm »
Phillip - these changes are AWESOME - all of them.  Thanks.
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9 on: April 03, 2006, 09:36:00 am »
unxtickying