Author Topic: Whiskey Spring (possible art forum?)  (Read 2599 times)

TheStudDuck

Whiskey Spring (possible art forum?)
« on: March 30, 2006, 11:32:29 pm »
Well guys and gals...

I know I said it before, but all ya'll are so addicting that I couldn't rest with knowing everyone was fighting those rascals that just want to make everyone's life a living hell.  I do really need some "me time" because I've been stressed about this all week and it would probably be best if I pulled myself away from you guys for a few days.  I'll probably drop in for a couple of minutes here and there just to see how everyone is... but I desperately just need to relax after this rough week.

If you need to contact me for any reason, I'll be doing the e-mail thing still... just shoot me something:
[email protected]

You guys really hard to quit... but I shall try my best... I know I've been told that my stress level can be felt.  And I'm honestly not too surprised by that.  I get like this if I have gone through something like... I dunno... online terrorization.  It's the biological anxiety devils at work!  Curse them!

Anywho... before I go, I just had a suggestion for the website... possibly... if everyone thinks it's a good idea and that it would get enough use.  I was thinking maybe on the "Beyond Brokeback Mountain" forum list, there could be a forum dedicated solely to artwork inspired by the film.  I know that we've had people that have drawn cartoons... people that have drawn sketches... we've done the haikus... people have written poems... some have done montages... some have composed arrangements of the score on string instruments... and countless people who have written fanfiction.

I thought it would be cool to have a place solely dedicated to all of that stuff.  Just an idea.  And for some reason the first name that popped into my mind was, "Whiskey Spring" and it made me smile.  I dunno why.  It just sounds like a really great place to go.  ;D

I love you all... and you all know that.  Countless hugs to each one of you!

David

TheStudDuck

Re: Whiskey Spring (possible art forum?)
« Reply #1 on: March 30, 2006, 11:46:24 pm »
No one loves art and no one says, "good bye" ... I see how it is. *sniffle*

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:14:37 am »
BYE!!

vkm91941

« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 12:48:33 am »
Bye David.  Enjoy you're down time.  I will be enjoying your poetry.  I'll email soon.

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
I love art, and I say "good bye"...(though I prefer "see you soon")
« Reply #4 on: April 22, 2006, 12:07:53 am »
No one loves art and no one says, "good bye" ... I see how it is. *sniffle*

C'mere! It's alright...s'alright. Dman you David!
We'll miss you, though I understand you needin' your down time and solo time. Just don't disappear completely, OK? I mean, you gonna do this board next summer?
I love your art forum idea, and I LOVE the name! ;D  For fun, I've posted a passage from the song Big Rock Candy Mountain(s). Found 'em on a cool site called CowboyLyrics.com! How serendipitous is that? Praise Google!

David, you come back and see us again.

"in the big rock candy mountains, you never change your socks,
and the little streams of alcohol, come a tricklin' down the rocks.
The brakemen have to tip their hats, and the railroad bulls are blind,
There's a lake of stew and a whisky too,
you can paddle all around 'em in a big canoe,
in the big rock candy mountains."
Jack Nasty loves you!