Author Topic: Which character would you best get along with?  (Read 9274 times)

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Which character would you best get along with?
« Reply #20 on: April 27, 2008, 10:18:09 am »
These posts are so very much interesting, that I am happy to find them!!

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline souxi

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • sex on legs
    • bats belfrey
« Reply #21 on: April 27, 2008, 11:07:20 am »
I picked Ennis. Believe it or not he,s very like me in that I keep my thoughts and feelings to myself. Yes I know I,m different on here lol, but in "real life" I tend to keep a lot of stuff about what I,m really thinking and feeling inside my head. It,s safer in there, no one can get in. Thats how Ennis was. He kept things bottled up too. Jack was great fun and a real livewire but sometimes he talked too much and that gets on my nerves. I like quiet sometimes, so Ennis and I would have got on a treat I reckon.  :)

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • LCARS
« Reply #22 on: April 27, 2008, 02:49:07 pm »
my heart belongs to Jack.

Offline Artiste

« Reply #23 on: April 27, 2008, 03:10:09 pm »
Thanks souxi!

Would you live with both Ennis and Jack, may I ask?

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline Artiste

« Reply #24 on: April 27, 2008, 03:11:24 pm »
Oilfieldtrash, would you not prefer Ennis?

Long term?

Jack, short term?

May I ask??

Au revoir,
hugs!

Offline optom3

« Reply #25 on: April 27, 2008, 03:33:36 pm »
I picked Ennis, he would have been a challenge,which I love.Jack would have been too easy. I tend to prefer things and people I have had to work really hard to get.
I also chose Ennis because in most respects he was honest with Jack.I know he never admitted to himself that he was homosexual.But he was honest with Jack about one really important thing and that was his fidelity.
In the ss at the motel scene Ennis says he has never been with another guy, Jack lies.I know he comes clean at the end,but that is after 20 years.

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #26 on: April 27, 2008, 09:15:43 pm »
I picked Ennis, he would have been a challenge,which I love.Jack would have been too easy. I tend to prefer things and people I have had to work really hard to get.
I also chose Ennis because in most respects he was honest with Jack.I know he never admitted to himself that he was homosexual.But he was honest with Jack about one really important thing and that was his fidelity.
In the ss at the motel scene Ennis says he has never been with another guy, Jack lies.I know he comes clean at the end,but that is after 20 years.

Ennis is simple and easy to understand. Jack is the complicated one! So to me that is the challenge.

Sure, Jack is a great liar, he doesn't even flinch when he lies! I love him. Jack is a natural born salesman, that means he is also a natural born politician. With a better education Jack could have done interesting things with his life :  law school, public service, advertising. Jack would always keep life interesting with his presence. We would have to work on the alcoholism, but Jack could definitely become someone who makes a difference for others.

Offline optom3

« Reply #27 on: April 29, 2008, 12:00:38 am »
Ennis is simple and easy to understand. Jack is the complicated one! So to me that is the challenge.

Sure, Jack is a great liar, he doesn't even flinch when he lies! I love him. Jack is a natural born salesman, that means he is also a natural born politician. With a better education Jack could have done interesting things with his life :  law school, public service, advertising. Jack would always keep life interesting with his presence. We would have to work on the alcoholism, but Jack could definitely become someone who makes a difference for others.

I love Jack in the film.but maybe because my ex husband was an alcoholic,that colours my view.They are pretty bloody awful to live with full time.But if truth be told I certainly would not throw him out my bed!!!!

Offline brokeplex

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • LCARS
« Reply #28 on: April 29, 2008, 11:48:41 am »
I love Jack in the film.but maybe because my ex husband was an alcoholic,that colours my view.They are pretty bloody awful to live with full time.But if truth be told I certainly would not throw him out my bed!!!!

agreed, Chris developed the same problem. it is very tough addition to beat and get a grip on. honesty seems to be the only step toward a cure that works over the long haul.

I wonder if Jack's alcoholism wasn't rooted in his intense lonliness and frustrations. Could a loving caring person who was able to give Jack all the attention which he needed have made a difference. And I think that I underestimate the amount of attention which Jack would have needed, he was very "needy".