Author Topic: How long were you on the IMDb boards?  (Read 15502 times)

EnnisDelMar

How long were you on the IMDb boards?
« on: March 31, 2006, 12:48:58 am »
Just out of curisosity.
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 01:20:31 pm by EnnisDelMar »

Offline YaadPyar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: How long were you on the IMDb boards?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 12:50:19 am »
I've been registered at IMDb a lot longer than BBM was out - I have to post my movie reviews somewhere!
"Vice, Virtue. It's best not to be too moral. You cheat yourself out of too much life. Aim above morality. If you apply that to life, then you're bound to live life fully." (Harold & Maude - 1971)

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:56:40 am »
I posted my first post in the Brokeback board in September......as you know Brandon....but I've been on IMDb for a LONG time...
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 01:51:39 am by slayers_creek_oth »

Offline Flashframe777

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • autumn auteur
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 01:50:20 am »
I joined IMDB when I got an invite to screen "The Aviator".  Wanted to find a review of it before I committed to screening it.  I wrote a good review, then forgot my username.  Then remembered my username, then forgot it again. 
"yet he is suffused with a sense of pleasure because Jack Twist was in his dream"

vkm91941

« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 01:56:46 am »
I joined IMDb the first time way back in the X-files days and posted on that board and the board for the X-files movie. I started posting on the BBM board back in September right after the Venice Film Festival and the Golden Lion win.
Chris and I were posting when there was only one page of posts and about 15 other posters and we knew everyone by name. LOL ;D

Surf

« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 01:56:58 am »
Around the time Brokeback won the Golden Lion at Venice, when was that, last August? (That's just Brokeback, not IMDB, IMDB since February 16th, 2001)
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 01:58:33 am by Surf »

Offline lcalee

• Don't Say Much
« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 01:59:37 am »
I had been checking the progress of BBM for some time.  I don't think I posted on the BBM board (although I had on others) until about a year ago.

TheStudDuck

« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 02:01:45 am »
I've been posting at the IMDb since November 23rd, 2001.
I've been posting about Brokeback Mountain since January 10th, 2006.

slayers_creek_oth

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 02:03:19 am »
Hey Lee hows it goin?  

Yep you're a veteran too.........I remember your 'Weekend Crowd Reports' on the big board.....

I remember when Brandon invited Mandy, Vic, Hilary and I to the Tremblay board.....we were the first there and then we spread the word.....now look!  Aside from the trolls and stuff its worked out pretty well......

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 02:09:31 am »
I hit the IMDB board the day after I saw BBM in late January.  I needed serious time with others to make sure I didn't go insane freaking out over the movie.  I discovered I wasn't insane - I was normal.  I started BetterMost mostly because I needed to focus on moving beyond just the film itself, which is what most of the discussion forums were doing.  I knew there'd be a day when we'd get over the movie itself, and I didn't want to lose momentum in taking all that emotional energy I had gotten from the film and making positive changes in my life.  I knew I needed a place where I'd have others to lean on and vice-versa along the way, so I created this site.  I realize this movie is going to be like our first love - we'll get over it on one level but at the same time we'll never get over it.

I reduced my time on IMDB mostly to nurture this site, but I checked in on Pierre's forum after being invited by yaadpyar I think.

You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming