Author Topic: What is your absolute favorite, wordless moment in BBM?  (Read 19198 times)

rtprod

What is your absolute favorite, wordless moment in BBM?
« on: March 31, 2006, 12:49:32 am »
    I can't pick one, but mine just might be:

Ennis after Lureen hangs up the phone

Ennis looking over at Alma immediately after dispatching the bikers

Jack after Ennis rides away on his horse during the flashback

Ennis' expression when he first pulls the shirts out of the closet

Ennis' reaction after looking out the trailer door after Jr. drives off without her sweater

Ennis' reaction when he looks out the window and sees Jack, just before going down the steps for the reunion

« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 12:51:54 am by rtprod »

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Re: What is your absolute favorite, wordless moment in BBM?
« Reply #1 on: March 31, 2006, 12:51:08 am »
Mine is from the opening scene.
Jack pulls up, kicks his truck. Looks at Ennis. Makes like he's gonna head over to talk. Ennis looks away. Jack goes back to his truck and sticks his pelvis out in a sexy sexy way.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

EnnisDelMar

« Reply #2 on: March 31, 2006, 12:51:14 am »
When Jack looks out at night and sees Ennis' fire, and when Ennis looks up and sees Jack on the mountain.

Offline monimm18

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #3 on: March 31, 2006, 12:53:11 am »
To me, the moment he pushes Jack and kisses him at the four years reunion remains my favorite. I literally forgot to breathe. I've never felt more connected with two characters in a film like I did with them at that mment.
"Don't be merely satisfied with a better life. We should demand to live in a better world."

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #4 on: March 31, 2006, 12:57:03 am »
Ennis embracing the shirts
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Chanterais

• Sr. Ranch Hand
« Reply #5 on: March 31, 2006, 12:59:59 am »
I'm very fond of the shot of Jack napping up with the doggie by that twisted tree up on Brokeback.  I like naps.  Speaking of........*thunk*

Or Ennis hauling his drunk ass into the tent, crashing into everything.  Hey, I'm a sucker for slapstick.  Gets me every time.

rtprod

« Reply #6 on: March 31, 2006, 01:00:15 am »
Hi Meryl,

Great to see you here.

rt

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #7 on: March 31, 2006, 01:11:36 am »
the entire opening scene is brilliant...

mine would have to be the close up of Jack's face right before he goes to lasso ennis.

also, Ennis after Cassie runs out of the coffee shop.

Jake says so much with his face in this movie though, I could pick about a thousand scenes with him
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73

vkm91941

« Reply #8 on: March 31, 2006, 01:11:55 am »
Those moments before the second tent scene when Ennis is sitting by the fire obiviously struggling with should I or shouldn't I ...we can see Jack in the tent getting read for bed ...Ennis looks over and then rises and walks towards the tent..we cut to a barechested Jack obivously nervous comtemplaing well he or won't he and then Ennis is there at the tent flap, hat in hand and they lock eyes....priceless.

Offline littleguitar

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • She was always a lonely child...
« Reply #9 on: March 31, 2006, 01:14:54 am »
oh vic, that reminded me of another wordless moment, in the second tent scene when Jack takes Ennis's hat away from him, ennis looks down at it confused then up at Jack then jack touches Ennis's face... that whole scene is just absolutely beautiful
‘cause the truth is, I already give him everythin’ I got to give, more than I ever even knew I had; ‘n it all for him, all of it, him who is my brother, my father, my child, my friend, my lover, my heart, my soul; my Ennis.

-- del Mar Painting, Ch. 48 by b73