Author Topic: Gifts....given or received....romantic, unromantic, useless, useful......  (Read 12925 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
I remember a day came when I debated boxing them up, and then I thought:  "I can't get rid of them!  They're Brokie stuff!"

:laugh:

:laugh: :laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Jeff Wrangler

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "He somebody you cowboy'd with?"
My hubby once made a scavanger hunt for me for my birthday. My birthday is in January, and we both still lived with our parents back then, so it took place in his room, but was pretty difficult. He had collected more than 20 of those capsules where you kept films, before digital photography.

He gave me the first, nicely wrapped, and I thought my present would be in there. Wrong. In each capsule was a hint where to find the next one. For example a few crumbs of fish food, and the next was hidden behind the aquarium, stuff like that. In the last one was a tiny key, which belonged to his briefcase, and in there was my present, a new jeans jacket.  :D

I still have the jacket. I've long grown out of it, but I keep it.

What a fun and creative idea!  :D
"It is required of every man that the spirit within him should walk abroad among his fellow-men, and travel far and wide."--Charles Dickens.

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
Re: Gifts....given or received....romantic, unromantic, useless, useful......
« Reply #12 on: December 14, 2018, 08:44:42 pm »
How do people feel about Christmas presents? They seem to be fading away, in favor of gift cards. The guy I date told me, frankly, he would prefer getting money to any present. Although he gives me presents, books, music and, recently, bird feeders.
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: Gifts....given or received....romantic, unromantic, useless, useful......
« Reply #13 on: December 16, 2018, 12:48:12 am »

My brother used to give just money.  This year, he actually did shopping, and was excited for it.

When my mother asked him about it, his reply was:

"For the past 12 years I've worked security at Toys R Us.  My holidays were full of unwanted  overtime,  dealing with shoplifters, angry customers, and I just didn't want to do anything else for the holidays!  This year, I'm working a new job, have better hours, and don't have to deal with the holiday craziness, so for the first time in a long time, I want to go out and shop!"

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!