Author Topic: Just when you thought it was safe to go to FINAL REHEARSAL!  (Read 17953 times)

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • Ray Nasty!
Final Rehearsal Director’s notes!

Welcome to the final rehearsal.  You have all put in a tremendous effort over the past six months researching this story and discovering its every meaning and nuance.  While the original movie is perfect in every way, the time has come for us to tell it our way.  You all know the characters and the hidden meanings of the plot so none of you will be excluded from this production.  We are ALL the story tellers.  We ALL are the cast, crew, audience, and director simultaneously. We have ALL contributed many thoughts, observations, humour, and theories since seeing the film/reading the book/screenplay/listening to the soundtrack.    You will know the thread when you see it!

We will commence the production on Monday 19 June 2006.

Stage directions:  

* The timeline of the film is to be followed.  As we have discussed at length, EVERY beat of every frame is significant.  Every detail of every beat is open to comment.  You can describe/ be the voice/ explain the presence/ post a picture of a blade of grass if it is relevant to that moment in time.

* Only the Actors playing the characters can speak that character’s dialogue.  You may wish to stick completely with the original script, or you may wish to be creative.  You don’t have to say much, as long as you get your point across! Those without speaking parts may create extra roles should it be in keeping with the time line.  For example; someone may decide that a muttering cleaner with a mop may be a necessary addition to the wedding scene to clean up the orange juice that cousin Fred’s bratty child spilt all over the floor.

* Anyone may comment at anytime about the nuances of the current moment being played out in the timeline.  All the threads that have been created over the past six months will come into play.  You may wish to highlight the Ying and Yang of the moment, or the Lines Visualised.  It may be an opportunity to halt proceedings to pay Cult homage to the presence of water, or the immaculate disappearance of a log of wood.  Meryl and Celeste are on hand as the Grande Cult Poobears and Overseers.  Perhaps you just want to add a time relevant inspired poem or picture or limerick or ABCs observation.  Perhaps you might offer some trivia relating to Things you didn’t know about cowboys!  Or maybe simply quote a passage from Annie’s book.

* All ASIDE COMMENTS are to be enclosed in **   **.   For example: Should Jack wish to comment on Alma’s frumpy dress upon meeting her, but doesn’t wish for her to hear and be offended, he might offer the audience     **That dress looks like it used to hold potatoes**

* All THOUGHTS are to be enclosed in %%    %%.  For example:  Should the other shoppers at Randle’s store wish to comment on their annoyance at Alma Jr smashing nuts all over the floor, they might offer      %% There’s a perfect example of the necessity of birth control! %%

* All MOVEMENTS are to be enclosed in ((   )).  For example:  Should Aguire be reaching for the telephone, the Actor, (StudDuck), might type   ((Reaches with the hand adorned with big hideous blue ring to lift the phone receiver))

* All Director or Assistant Director notes are to be enclosed in =   =.  For example: Should Lucise Indapaddock wish to tell one of her sheep that its guts is spread too far away from it’s (pretend) dead carcass, she might post       =Pull your gall bladder in about six inches=                               
*NOTE:  No animals will be hurt in the making of this production!

* The action cannot continue until the relevant lines have been delivered.  For example:  Should Earl want to show his ripped off dick as soon as possible, he must wait for that moment in the timeline.  He cannot just go flashing it about willy nilly out of sequence. Should an Actor be away from the boards for a period of time and their line is next,  we CANNOT proceed and must fill in the silence with relevant posts for that moment.  Should said Actor chose to appoint an understudy, the proxy must note at the top of the post {Today the part of blahblah will be played by ....}   If no understudy is appointed, we may have to discuss the wind blowing outside the trailer until the actor returns and delivers their line or performs their gesture. Once a scene has been played out there’s no going back!  Comments may be added, but you cannot then include a suddenly remembered tabogganing moment when the scene involves kicking a biker’s teeth in, unless you can make it relevant to THAT moment in time.

* Everyone is encouraged to dress up and post a picture of the movement they are trying to portray, highlighting what WE have got that THEY haven’t got!  Perhaps you just wish to post a picture of the original actors in that scene.

Have fun everyone!  We all know this film back to front.  Now act your arses off!

BREAK A LEG! BREAK A LEG! BREAK A LEG! BREAK A LEG! BREAK A LEG! BREAK A LEG!

CAST & CREW

EVERYBODY!

then...

Cast (in credits order)
Blades of Grass - Ray
The Wind, Signal 1963 - Clarissa
Cat Stevens - Himself
Semi-truck driver - Melinda
Ennis, sheepherding to pre-Lake Scene - Brandon
Jack, sheepherding to pre-Lake Scene - Daniel
Jack's Pants - Melinda
Jack's Cigarettes - Barb
Aguirre – David (TheStudDuck!)
Tootie – Courtney
Elizabeth - Chantelle
Waitress - Judy
Signal Bartender
Basque - RouxB
Cigar Butt - Melinda
Horse with Low Startle Point – Jenny (newyearsday)
Sheep Dog (Blue Heeler) - Leslie
Peeing Sheep - Becky
The Fly – Barb
Ennis's Warshrag -
The Bear – Scott M. (moremojo)
Young Whiskey Bottle -
The Elk - Becky
Ennis's Pants Fly in TS1 - David (inHartford)
Jack's Pants Fly in TS1 - David (inHartford)
Injured and Dead sheep – Courtney & Daniel
Saliva String -
Chilean Sheepherder #1 – Lee (Front-Ranger)
Chilean Sheepherder #2 - Chantelle
Alma - Victoria
Jolly Minister - Isabelle
Timmy - Meryl
Jimbo - Sheyne
Bartender #1 - Jude
Biker #1 - Clarissa
Biker #2 - Meryl
Lureen - Ray
Announcer - Chantelle
Bartender #2 - JeffWrangler
Singer – Sarah (henrypie)
Guitar Player -
Alma Jr., Age 3 -
Monroe – Paul (montferrat)
Fayette Newsome - Clarissa
L.D. Newsome – Scott F.
Ennis, Age 9 -
K.E. Del Mar - Becky
Jenny, Age 4 -
Alma Jr., Age 5 -
Farmer #1 “pissant”) - JeffWrangler
Farmer #2 -
Alma Jr., Age 9-12 -
Jenny, Age 7-8 -
Judge -
Jenny, Age 11 – Amy (wtbgirl)
Alma Jr., Age 13 -
Ennis, Lake Scene to the end – Mandy (dmmb)
Jack, Lake Scene to the end – David (in Hartford)
Young Mexican - Chanterais
Bobby, Age 10 -
Roughneck #1 -
Roughneck #2 -
Cassie - Kelda
Western Dancer - Chantelle
Lashawn Malone – Stacey (SparkleMotion)
Randall Malone - Juan
Alma Jr., Age 19 - Becky
Carl -
Old Rose Whiskey Bottle -
Ennis, Dozy Embrace -
Jack, Dozy Embrace -
Jack's Mother - Celeste
John C. Twist - Jane (JakeTwist)

As you can see, there are still parts uncast.  You are welcome to claim them, otherwise they will be open slather when their time comes up.
[/b]
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 08:58:50 pm by Elle-Effen'-Meno »
~A good general knows when to retreat~

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
Re: Just when you thought it was safe to go to FINAL REHEARSAL!
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2006, 05:22:00 pm »
Ray, you are a friggin' genius!  :)

Are we allowed to post clarifying questions, Oh Artistique Director?

If so, is Becky playing Alma Jr. all the way through, or just at a certain point in her life?  Second question, have the people who haven't been around much lately been alerted to their responsibilities?  I'm thinking of  our friends Stacey, Chanterais, Scott F., Paul, maybe Amy.  And who is Chantelle?  Sorry for not knowing a member of our family.

Ready to break a leg,

Elle-Effen'-Meno

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2006, 05:35:38 pm »
Ray, you are a friggin' genius!  :)  Why thankyou, but you people are the geniusi  ;D

Are we allowed to post clarifying questions, Oh Artistique Director?  Certainly, but questions in the production need to be posted as a Director's note.  ie =What the fark does that mean?=

If so, is Becky playing Alma Jr. all the way through, or just at a certain point in her life? At this stage becky is all Alma Jrs but should someone be keen to play a certain age, they need to negotiate with Becky. Second question, have the people who haven't been around much lately been alerted to their responsibilities?  I'm thinking of  our friends Stacey, Chanterais, Scott F., Paul, maybe Amy.  I tried to PM everyone with cast roles.  I think I got most of us covered.  Sorry if I missed anyone. I haven't had everyone report in yet, so we may need to recast as time goes along.  I will keep y'all posted And who is Chantelle?  I thought that was FuzzyChanning Sorry for not knowing a member of our family. This will be a great chance to get everyone together again and reaquaint

Ready to break a leg,

Elle-Effen'-Meno

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2006, 05:39:04 pm »
If there is an open part (someone who is cast is not able to participate) sign me up...

L
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ray

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Ray Nasty!
« Reply #4 on: June 17, 2006, 05:43:15 pm »
We need a talking sheep dog Leslie!

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #5 on: June 17, 2006, 05:57:26 pm »
Ray you must have worked on this all night!! I wondered what U were doing lurking on the board so long. And U made your teasers sticky so we couldn't reply and ask nosy questions!! That Ray of the sticky teasers, I swear!! When I saw yr casting call I laffed so hard Coke came out my nose, and I don't even do Coke!! BTW, Chantalle is my luvly Fuzzy, sheepherder #2. You don't know her, because I keep her under wraps, a pile of serapes, in case someone discovers her and steals her away from me!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline MaineWriter

• Bettermost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Stay the course...
    • Bristlecone Pine Press
« Reply #6 on: June 17, 2006, 06:20:47 pm »
We need a talking sheep dog Leslie!

The talking sheep dog has been cast... I believe I am a blue heeler, right?

And I have a feeling I can show up throughout the movie, not just up on the mountain!

Leslie
Taming Groomzilla<-- support equality for same-sex marriage in Maine by clicking this link!

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2006, 06:33:30 pm »
I am willing to give up "Singer."  I believe she's the one who sings, "No one's Gonna Love You Like Me."

I am not willing to give up "Biker #1."  I believe he's the one who says, "Fuuuuuck youuu" to Ennis.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2006, 07:54:10 pm by Elle-Effen'-Meno »

Offline Sashca1007

• Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #8 on: June 17, 2006, 07:59:20 pm »
Ray, what the heck?!  You didn't even list me as 'Cigar Butt' and the driver of the 'Sage' truck who brings Ennis to Signal!  >:(  And I was already shopping for wardrobe.  I'd better be seeing some serious torquing of the cast list, Miss Newsome!

(If an amendment is made to the rules about inanimate objects, I still claim the role of Jack's pants)

;D
"From the vibration of the floorboard on which they both stood Ennis could feel how hard Jack was shaking."

Offline Ellemeno

« Reply #9 on: June 17, 2006, 08:10:13 pm »
Ray, what the heck?!  You didn't even list me as 'Cigar Butt' and the driver of the 'Sage' truck who brings Ennis to Signal!  >:(  And I was already shopping for wardrobe.  I'd better be seeing some serious torquing of the cast list, Miss Newsome!

(If an amendment is made to the rules about inanimate objects, I still claim the role of Jack's pants)

;D

Ray, may I humbly help out with my moderator powers and put Melinda and her roles in the list?  Just because an Artistique Director needs humble flunkies.
« Last Edit: June 17, 2006, 08:13:53 pm by Elle-Effen'-Meno »