Author Topic: PLEASE KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON YOUR ANIMALS THIS MONTH!!!  (Read 6847 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Re: PLEASE KEEP A CLOSE EYE ON YOUR ANIMALS THIS MONTH!!!
« Reply #10 on: October 10, 2008, 11:11:39 pm »
I have seen many stories and biographies on serial killers and other viscious killers and a common thing about a lot of them is that they did cruel and torturous things to animals when they were young.

Neglect of animals is bad enough, but to purposely kill, torture or maim an animal is despicable.

Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Artiste

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #11 on: October 10, 2008, 11:14:51 pm »
Some do the same to humans too: torture!

Heard about that Chinese 4 years in Canada, torture that innocent young man on that Greyhound bus?

Offline Mandy21

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2008, 11:49:32 am »
David, like you said, this isn't a pleasant thread at all, but if it saves one Brokie from losing their beloved kitty, then it's worth it.

Sue, I agree with you.  I remember reading about Jeffrey Dahmer, back in the day, and that's exactly how he started out, torturing and murdering innocent creatures out in the woods in his backyard.  Also, I found this article on the Belfast Telegraph this morning, something currently happening in England, which reiterates that point:

£1000 reward to capture serial cat killer

Tuesday, 14 October 2008

A £1,000 reward was offered today to bring a serial cat killer to justice.

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (Peta) has stumped up the money for information leading to the prosecution of the culprit who has poisoned 28 cats in Somerset since April.

Nine pets in Weston-super-Mare, six of them in the same street on the Bournville housing estate, have died after being poisoned with anti-freeze in the last two weeks.

Between April and August, 19 cats in nearby Bridgwater died after suffering vomiting, diarrhoea and fits and eventual kidney failure, caused by ingesting ethylene glyco, the agent commonly found in anti-freeze.

Last month Avon and Somerset Police and the RSPCA launched an investigation and now Peta is offering up to £1,000 as a reward for information leading to the arrest and conviction of the person or persons responsible.

Peta is also urging residents to keep a watchful eye on their animals and to keep all cats indoors.

Suzanne Barnard, from the animal rights group, said that, because animals cannot report abuse, they are the perfect "practice" victims for violent people.

"Weston-super-Mare residents have good reason to be concerned. Research in psychology and criminology shows that people who commit acts of cruelty to animals often go on to commit violent acts against their fellow humans.”

The RSPCA said its investigation was split between searching for a malicious psychopath and an innocent source of the chemical, like a breaker’s yard.

Dawn is coming,
Open your eyes...

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #13 on: October 29, 2009, 08:06:02 am »
Tomorrow is mischief night, or Devil's night, depending on where you live.  And then Saturday is Halloween.

Fun time of year, however, it's also the time that sickos do things to animals.

Please remember that if you have pets, keep them indoors, and keep your eye on them, and the neighborhood in general.

Sorry to bump up a thread on this topic, but everyone with pets should get a reminder.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
« Reply #14 on: October 29, 2009, 08:58:58 pm »
All my girls and guys are in the house!  :) It's smelly sometimes(especially lately since it has been raining every day), but I don't have to worry about them that way.  ;D  :D
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #15 on: October 28, 2010, 08:26:10 pm »
ATTENTION!!  VERY IMPORTANT!!  Don't forget that "Mischief Night" or "Devil's Night" is coming.  Sickos will take unattended animals and harm or kill them for "fun" because of that night.  Animals owners, keep your pets inside the next few nights, or when they're out, keep a close eye on them!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #16 on: October 31, 2010, 05:23:29 pm »
horrible to think people get a kick outta this... :(
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/