Author Topic: Just in case your tempted to think leaving IMDb was a hasty decision  (Read 7906 times)

Offline sparkle_motion

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Stacey.
Re: Just in case your tempted to think leaving IMDb was a hasty decision
« Reply #10 on: March 31, 2006, 10:50:05 am »
That person will get their just desserts.
Let's just be done with that board. I know y'all want us to keep periodically posting on the IMDb board, but I am done. I can't stand all the negativity.
...then you ask me about Mexico and tell me you'll kill me for needing somethin' I don't hardly never get.

Offline j.U.d.E.

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #11 on: March 31, 2006, 10:50:27 am »
If these tiny wankers took apart the PT board, they can most certainly do it to any other board they don't like.  They're vicious (look at what that anal-retentive twerp called Vickie), vindictive and small-minded bullies who hide behind their anonymity and mamma's pants but would cry if you slapped their hands because they're such cowards and that's me just being nice.
Well said Dela!

WOW! This is really sick what they're doing! I'm just hoping that they won't find out about here. I know it's with password and stuff, but they know how to infiltrate..

Weird that the IMDb Admin doesn't seem to care or do anything! Apparently they can't cope with the massive hacker attack. I guess it's the first time it happened in that massive way!

~ j U d E
MLK - - - - - - - - - - - - HAL - - - - - - - - - - - - BHO
*15 jan 1929 - †04 apr 1968 | *04 apr 1979 - † 22 jan 2008 | *04 aug 1961 -

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #12 on: March 31, 2006, 02:34:12 pm »
I JUST GOT THIS REPLY AT IMDB AFTER SENDING TTHIS MESSAGE ABOUT THE BBM BOARD, BUT THEY GAVE ME THE SAME RESPONSE AS THEY DID YESTERDAY WHEN IT WAS A MESSAGE ABOUT THE PIERRE TREMBLAY BOARD.

TITLE:
Please STOP foxinator and cohorts from deleting the BBM board!!!

by - newyearsday (31 Mar 2006 09:24:13 AM)

CONTENT:

One of the most popular message boards on the IMDb is being systematically
destroyed by phantom trolls reporting on-topic posts as violations of
conditions. PLEASE DO SOMETHING ABOUT THIS NOW. Over 11,000 posts have been
deleted in the past two days.

See below:

LET THE DELETION OF POST BEGIN 
by - foxinator 3 minutes ago (Fri Mar 31 2006 03:53:42) 
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
THE PHANTOM TROLLS WILL DISPERSE ALL OVER THIS BOARD .PREPARE FOR THE
DESTRUCTION OF THE BROKEBACK MOUNTAIN BOARD... HAHAHA THE TROLL TAKEOVER
IS ALMOST COMPLETE
YOUR TIME IS UP

I beg you to disable his account and any account of others reporting threads in
this manner.

Respectfully,

IMDb username: newyearsday

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
REPLY from HELP DESK (QUITE FAST BUT NOT "ON TOPIC" At ALL!!)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Re: Please STOP foxinator and cohorts from deleting the BBM board!!!
by - IMDb Help Desk (31 Mar 2006 10:02:31 AM)

We are sorry but due to the volume of messages that we have to process on a daily basis and to the way these topics often tend to result in heated discussions, it is our strict policy not to discuss specific posts or threads or to provide feedback on the outcome of abuse reports and/or on why a post or thread was removed.

Please however be aware that off-topic threads or posts can and will be deleted without notice. Using a board attached to a person's filmography page to post messages not directly related to that person definitely constitutes off-topic posting.

For all details about the way our message boards are moderated and for guidelines on allowed usage, please refer to our Message Boards Terms and Conditions of Use documents at http://www.imdb.com/help/show_leaf?boardstc

Thank you for your cooperation.

----
Regards,
George
The IMDb Help Desk

This was not what my request was about!!!! I got this reply yesterday when I wrote several days ago about only the CT board.

THIS SUCKS. I give up. (sort of--I have been posting this morning on the BBM board trying to get people to contact Admins., not many biting my bait!!! They will be sorry tomorrow when the board is nearly gone!

UGH.

Needing a hug....

Jenny

Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

Offline Nicole

• Brokeback Got Me Good
  • Nicole R.
    • MY MySpace Page
« Reply #13 on: March 31, 2006, 02:36:11 pm »
{{{{{Jenny}}}}}}

That was a hug, by the way, :).  Don't worry my friend - it's a sad day, but I think it's brought us to an even better place! 

Nicole
   Cowboys do it better

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
« Reply #14 on: March 31, 2006, 02:40:40 pm »
Please however be aware that off-topic threads or posts can and will be deleted without notice. Using a board attached to a person's filmography page to post messages not directly related to that person definitely constitutes off-topic posting.

WHAT????

I love it... the only actual declaration they make in their entire message is that the non-troll messages are OFF TOPIC????  Guys, bring the stragglers over here and do to IMDB what Judge Judy suggests "put a period and move on with your life."  I think it's a hopeless cause over there, and their traffic will suffer because of it. 
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #15 on: March 31, 2006, 03:05:53 pm »
Well I have been posting at IMDB.com for five years.  There volume of posts has exploded over the last year or two.  I mean, at first, it was post and wait two or three days for someone to respond to an inquiry.  I think everyone has now heard of IMDB.com. A librarian told me it's standard practice (USA) to reference ppl to IMDB.com when they have inquiries.

And yes, they don't have enough ppl working there to manage thousands of  msg boards.  Obviously, they were NOT prepared for many, many active forums. 

I got the same response today that other posters have rec'd from IMBD.com. The same wordchoice.. I don't understand, if it's a standard complaint, you'd get a standard response. But if ppl have breached your firewall and are destroying a fourm? How often does that appen.

Rgds

KARL
« Last Edit: March 31, 2006, 03:30:35 pm by Kd5000 »

Offline EnnisLovesJack

• Sr. Ranch Hand
  • Jack Nasty love me!
« Reply #16 on: April 24, 2006, 03:50:43 pm »

WHAT????

I love it... the only actual declaration they make in their entire message is that the non-troll messages are OFF TOPIC????  Guys, bring the stragglers over here and do to IMDB what Judge Judy suggests "put a period and move on with your life."  I think it's a hopeless cause over there, and their traffic will suffer because of it. 

Phillip, just wanted to thank you SO MUCH for building this safe house for us. Like our own little tree fort. Or given the violence and evil of the forces we fled, more like an underground nuclear war shelter! You have given us all a great gift! 
:-* :-* :-*

Big thanks and mad props also to all the peeps who answered the call and helped our little refugee boat land safely on this tranquil shore. For the midnight oil you burned saving threads, battening down the hatches, and working on this fabulous BetterMost site; for guiding the faithful to safety; for all the blood, sweat and tears; for your dedication to our community - to all of you, I say - THANK YOU!
:-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-* :-*  :-* :-* :-*

with much love and grattitude,
ELJ/Keren

P.S. Jenny - sending you a big hug, even if it's 3 weeks since you posted that, I only saw it today, and felt your frustration and wanted to give you a big hug. I like that bracket thing Nicole did, so I'm gonna borrow that, and here it is, girl: {{{jenny}}}

P.P.S. I'm not naming names because I absolutely do not want to leave anyone out, but you all know who you are. You're my heroes.  ;)
Jack Nasty loves you!

Offline newyearsday

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
  • ponygirl
« Reply #17 on: April 25, 2006, 10:42:58 pm »
Thanks ELJ! I got it! And you might have to hunt for it but I put in a little REM reference for you the other day on a post from last week! Sunday I think--about Becky comin ta town/country!

IMDb seems like a place I haven't been to in a while now....
« Last Edit: April 25, 2006, 11:31:58 pm by newyearsday »
Revelationtees--wear them for good. Profits go to the Matthew Shepard Foundation: www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.com & www.revelationtees.spreadshirt.net (for EU)
"One life, with each other..."

vkm91941

« Reply #18 on: April 25, 2006, 11:16:32 pm »
Well the fox is up to identity #22 and Black River is posting about the state of my mental health and I haven't even posted over there in weeks..LOL nice to see one's presence is still felt I guess. ROFLOL! ::)

Offline JennyC

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #19 on: April 26, 2006, 02:26:17 am »
Yeah, I read that thread.  I can't believe that people are in denial of the troll issue so quickly again.  :-\

BTW, I also saw foxinator27 emerged.