Author Topic: IMDB Forum: It's Still Moving  (Read 2673 times)

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
IMDB Forum: It's Still Moving
« on: February 12, 2006, 09:49:10 pm »
One of the largest discussion forums about the movie itself has been found on the Internet Movie Database.  It's been amazing watching discussion threads build over minutes instead of days there.  If you really need to soak in Brokeback Mountain, IMDB is a good place to start.  Just beware of the troll messages over there - it seems the more mainstream this movie gets, the more negative, hostile, or ridiculous comments get posted there.

The rule of thumb about trolls is the same everywhere: don't feed them by replying to them.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0388795/board/threads/
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Phillip Dampier

• Mayor - BetterMost, Wyoming
  • Town Administration
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
    • BetterMost
Re: IMDB Forum: It's Still Moving
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2006, 01:17:22 am »
As reported by another user, there are now more than 150,000 messages in the IMDB Brokeback Mountain forum.  That's simply incredible.
You're a part of our family - BetterMost, Wyoming

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #2 on: January 02, 2007, 03:40:18 pm »
I heard that there was still a lot going on on the Brokeback Mountain site on imdb. But when I went over there this morning, it was more troll-infested than ever!! The hateful messages were repeated several times, and there were quite a few posters with names similar to or mocking legitimate posters.  :(
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline Kd5000

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • Brokeback Got Me Good
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2007, 12:27:25 am »
Well, you do have to take advantage of the ignore button as the forum usually seems fine to me.  ;)  I guess I'm seeing a filtered BBM forum.

My posts for BBM which started on IMDB.com in 9/05 are all gone and it was busy back then. I stopped going until after I saw the film because ppl who had read the book were starting to post about the fates of the characters, things like that.  Sure, I had the book, but I refused to read it before the film came out.