Author Topic: Favorite Scary Films?  (Read 47915 times)

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
Re: Favorite Scary Films?
« Reply #70 on: November 02, 2008, 01:47:36 am »
yeah, she was falling apart, wasn't she?

Ewww..... :laugh: :laugh:
"Gettin' tired of your dumbass missin'!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #71 on: November 02, 2008, 01:49:41 am »
I never could figure out the woman in the bathtub part. Is that woman the same woman as the crazy lady? Did she drown in the bathtub and then rose from the dead? She starts to sit up in the tub. The only thing though is the woman in the bathtub has short hair and the crazy lady (both the young and old version) have longer hair.

I've seen this move time and time again, and I never could figure out that part. Who is the woman in the bathtub? ???
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #72 on: November 02, 2008, 01:50:18 am »

[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YOiKG7hb8Pg[/youtube]

That's it!

I made hot tea (decaf) with a splash of brandy and I found some of those Flipsides--half cracker/half pretzel. Good snack. Not as good as the popcorn--or Jack's breakfast.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #73 on: November 02, 2008, 01:50:50 am »
Oh, this next part is freaky too! Remember Grady? Here he comes!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #74 on: November 02, 2008, 01:52:01 am »
I never could figure out the woman in the bathtub part. Is that woman the same woman as the crazy lady? Did she drown in the bathtub and then rose from the dead? She starts to sit up in the tub. The only thing though is the woman in the bathtub has short hair and the crazy lady (both the young and old version) have longer hair.

I've seen this move time and time again, and I never could figure out that part. Who is the woman in the bathtub? ???

Maybe she is the mom of the two girls--they all got redrum-ed.

Where is Jess?  Did she get scairt?  :o

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline CellarDweller

• A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
« Reply #75 on: November 02, 2008, 01:55:19 am »
*turns to David while holding his hand*

I always took it to be the same ghost.  She "made" herself pretty to seduce Jack....and when he saw the reflection, the spell was broken.

I had a film class, and we watched and discussed "The Shinning".  One thing that happens in the film that I never noticed (until the professor pointed it out) is Shelly Duvall's appearance in the movie.

At the beginning of the film, it's mentioned that the hotel is on an Indian burial ground.

At the beginning of the film, Shelly's appearance is ....urban.   Jeans and such.  As the film goes on, she starts to look more Native American.  Oversized ponchos with native prints, and a long ponytail.  At the end, her hair is parted in the middle, with two braids, and her outfit is very Native Americanesque.

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #76 on: November 02, 2008, 02:01:40 am »
Anybody need to be "corrected"?  :o :( :-X

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #77 on: November 02, 2008, 02:01:54 am »

I always took it to be the same ghost.  She "made" herself pretty to seduce Jack....and when he saw the reflection, the spell was broken.

I had a film class, and we watched and discussed "The Shinning".  One thing that happens in the film that I never noticed (until the professor pointed it out) is Shelly Duvall's appearance in the movie.

At the beginning of the film, it's mentioned that the hotel is on an Indian burial ground.

At the beginning of the film, Shelly's appearance is ....urban.   Jeans and such.  As the film goes on, she starts to look more Native American.  Oversized ponchos with native prints, and a long ponytail.  At the end, her hair is parted in the middle, with two braids, and her outfit is very Native Americanesque.

So the dead woman floating in the tub, and the crazy woman (both young and old) are the same person? Maybe they are trying to explain to us how she drown? She drown in the bathtub. It's freaky when they show her slowly sit up in the tub.. coming back to life. I still can't figure out why she has short hair in the tub but longer hair when she seduces Jack. Maybe this is because some time has passed and her hair grew longer.

I never noticed that part about Shelly Duval either! Thanks for point it out. Now that you mention it, she does slowly appear more and more Native as the movie progresses.

Maybe she is the mom of the two girls--they all got redrum-ed.

Where is Jess?  Did she get scairt?  :o

That's a very good point too Shasta. She may have been the mother of the two girls. They show Grady, but they never show the mother.

Jess pops on and off. She may be back, or she may have gone to bed. She never answered my question though. I was wondering if she was watching the movie too. I doubt she was, because she doesn't like scary movies... or at least that is what she SAYS! :laugh:

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #78 on: November 02, 2008, 02:03:04 am »
Anybody need to be "corrected"?  :o :( :-X

NOOOOOOOOOO!! :o

I love how he rolls his "r" when he says "corrected". :laugh:

Offline Shasta542

• BetterMost Supporter!
« Reply #79 on: November 02, 2008, 02:03:18 am »

That is interesting. Why didn't I have a fun class like that?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~