Author Topic: A New York Christmas  (Read 21397 times)

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
Re: A New York Christmas
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 07:22:47 pm »
 :D

good!!!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 07:49:56 pm »
Jack, I just read both parts and really enjoyed them!  I've always loved snow globes and the idea of being in one is so lovely and romantic, plus you've got a nice little mystery going here, too.  I'm looking forward to more.   :)

Thanks,
Marie
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 10:55:10 pm »
Jack, I just read both parts and really enjoyed them!  I've always loved snow globes and the idea of being in one is so lovely and romantic, plus you've got a nice little mystery going here, too.  I'm looking forward to more.   :)

Thanks,
Marie

Marie,

Thank you for your comments Marie. I really appeciate that. And yes there will be more  ;)

Jack

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #13 on: November 30, 2008, 12:30:02 am »
Part 3

It seemed that neither of us really wanted to leave this spot perched high above the city and we kept hesitating to leave. Maybe we both feared something; maybe we both feared that this would be the end. At least that was what was going through my mind.

“Well, they haven’t said anything about leaving yet, but there’s not too many people left up here, but you and I.” Roger said.

“Yeah, what if they lock the doors and we get left up here all night?”

“Well would that be so bad? What you don’t like my company?” he questioned jokingly.

“No I just don’t think that both of us freezing to death is a good option for how this should end.” I laughed.

“What’s ending?”

“Nothing is ending that I know of. I meant our night on top of the world here.”

There was a snow covered bench on the observation deck. Roger brushed away the snow and motioned for me to sit down. I said, “I thought we were leaving?”

“We are, but just a few more minutes.” He leaned over the guard rail.

“Hey, you better watch it; it’s a long way down.”

“I’m not going anywhere. I was just thinking, you know about the Titanic?”

“Yes it sank.”

“No, the movie Titanic? You remember when they were standing on the bow of the ship like they were on top of the world?”

“I love that movie. Yes of course I remember that scene. My Heart Will Go On and On.”

“Yep, Celine Dion, my favorite song in the world. It has such a haunting sound. It takes me away sometimes to a place that exists only in my heart.”

Once again he was bringing things up that only one other person and I had ever talked about. I had forgotten about questioning though. I wasn’t sure what I was in, but whatever it was I just wanted it to continue as long as possible.

“So why did you clear this bench of snow if you are gonna lean over the railing?” I laughed.

“Oh yeah, I forgot.” He came and sat beside me, close enough to where I felt a little uncomfortable. Why? I don’t know. I don’t think this man could ever really make me uncomfortable. It was rather a fear of the unknown. A fear of what would or would not happen next.

He gazed into my eyes again, “You know one touch and I bet I could warm you up through and through.”

I continued the gaze into his sparkling blue eyes and said nothing.  I thought to myself there was no way this guy who appeared so straight could possibly be straight. If he were why would I be here and why would he be looking at me as he was. I have a problem of questioning all the whys and why not’s so I just stayed quiet. At this moment in time there was no other world than the one he and I were in. It was if I would suddenly wake up and find only a pillow like had happened so many times before. Find myself in my bedroom looking up at the ceiling wondering why.

Wherever the other people were I don’t know. There seemed to be no one around. He came closer to me and put his arms around me. “Now are you warm? I know how to warm you up.”

I smiled at him continuing that same gaze. I saw a world I had never seen in his eyes. The reality that I tended to live in too deeply suddenly seemed to strike me. I broke the gaze and pulled away a bit. Thoughts raced through my head of what I was doing and with whom. He said, “What’s wrong?”

“Well, we haven’t really talked and I don’t even know what is going on.” I glanced down for a second.

“Well, we have talked more than you could ever imagine and this time is meant to be. You’re the one who told me about fate or rather I told you about it. Like I said relax and enjoy this time we have.”

He kissed me so hard, so deep, and so fast that I didn’t even know it was happening. I had no time to question it.  It seemed that every firework that had ever been invented all went off in my head and suddenly I was so far away in some other world that I never wanted to return. I never wanted to leave his arms. I wanted to remain there forever. I’m not sure how long that kiss lasted or who was watching or anything. I didn’t really care. After all, this was my world that I had found. Nobody else could interfere with that.

But then all of a sudden it seemed we were still sitting there on that bench. Did that touch, those arms of his around me, and that kiss even happen?  It seemed that they did, but were these moments so strong that I just made a fantasy up in my mind? I truly didn’t know. All I know is that he was there looking at me with that gaze that was no fantasy.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #14 on: November 30, 2008, 08:08:55 am »
ooh!
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #15 on: November 30, 2008, 01:32:30 pm »
This is great, Jack. I didn´t know you were a writer. I´d love to read more.

injest

« Reply #16 on: November 30, 2008, 01:34:48 pm »
 ;D ;D

getting warm or what??

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #17 on: November 30, 2008, 03:22:38 pm »
This is great, Jack. I didn´t know you were a writer. I´d love to read more.

Hey Monika, I'm really glad you stopped by to read the story so far. Actually, a writer is what I had always wanted and meant to be, but it just didn't ever work out. I started writing back when I was only around 11 or 12 years old. When I went to college that was the direction I planned on going in and I had quite a bit of encouragement from teachers. However, the strangest thing happened and that is college seemed to make me loose the creativity I had. It seemed that there were all these rules I was supposed to follow and by trying to do that I lost the creativity. However, I have never lost my interest in writing so maybe I can forget the rules and bring back the creativity. I truly don't believe in rules when it comes to any creative process.

injest

« Reply #18 on: November 30, 2008, 03:32:13 pm »
Hey Monika, I'm really glad you stopped by to read the story so far. Actually, a writer is what I had always wanted and meant to be, but it just didn't ever work out. I started writing back when I was only around 11 or 12 years old. When I went to college that was the direction I planned on going in and I had quite a bit of encouragement from teachers. However, the strangest thing happened and that is college seemed to make me loose the creativity I had. It seemed that there were all these rules I was supposed to follow and by trying to do that I lost the creativity. However, I have never lost my interest in writing so maybe I can forget the rules and bring back the creativity. I truly don't believe in rules when it comes to any creative process.

This is exactly what happened with my writing, Jack. I tried to take lessons since I was told I wasnt' writing 'correctly'...it gave me the worst writers block. I lost my natural 'voice'...which was what some people said they liked so well.

funny thing is I was warned by a dear friend that I trust very much that is exactly what would happen, he told me that I would lose that which made me unique and special.. :-\

I still get the urge now and again but I dont' write anymore.

Offline jstephens9

« Reply #19 on: November 30, 2008, 04:57:15 pm »
This is exactly what happened with my writing, Jack. I tried to take lessons since I was told I wasnt' writing 'correctly'...it gave me the worst writers block. I lost my natural 'voice'...which was what some people said they liked so well.

funny thing is I was warned by a dear friend that I trust very much that is exactly what would happen, he told me that I would lose that which made me unique and special.. :-\

I still get the urge now and again but I dont' write anymore.

I think that is very true Jess and I have heard it from other people as well. Rules will rid you of the natural voice you talk of. That was what people used to say I had. Maybe I can find it again. And by the way, you haven't really given up writing since after all you do write on here.