Author Topic: Jake Gyllenhaal - in his own words  (Read 15848 times)

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
Re: Jake Gyllenhaal - in his own words
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2008, 09:09:52 am »
      “This means even more to me socially than artistically. It's just a pleasure to be a part of this movie and I can't even believe I've got this for it.”
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 01:15:38 am by TOoP/Bruce »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #11 on: December 19, 2008, 09:10:35 am »
“As an actor, it's a constant question of whether I will ever get hired again ... (but) this idea is so important, and if that meant for a couple of takes I was going to have to make out with some guy, then so be it.”
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 01:13:23 am by TOoP/Bruce »
Former IMDb Name: True Oracle of Phoenix / TOoP (I pronounce it "too - op") / " in fire forged,  from ash reborn" / Currently: GeorgeObliqueStrokeXR40

Offline Monika

• BetterMost Moderator
  • BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • We are all the same. Women, men, gay, straight
« Reply #12 on: December 19, 2008, 09:10:48 am »
thanks for these interesting quotes, Bruce. I love reading them

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #13 on: December 19, 2008, 09:10:59 am »
“For me, it was hard in a different way than with Heath. Because I think Heath was kind of constantly being pushed back by Ang, pushed back into his skin, and he wanted to come out. I had heard all these stories from actors who had warned me that after the first day of work, Ang said, 'You'll get better.' So I was waiting for that. And the first day of work he walked out to me and said, 'Great job.' And I was like, 'Uh-oh, that's not good.”
« Last Edit: December 20, 2008, 05:25:26 pm by TOoP/Bruce »

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #14 on: December 19, 2008, 09:11:14 am »
“I thought Heath had broken my nose while we were filming that scene. Both Michelle and Ang kept insisting the kiss had to be more fierce, more intense, more passionate, so Heath pushed me against the wall and came in really hard for the kiss.”

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #15 on: December 19, 2008, 09:11:36 am »
      “I grew up in L.A., so the idea of same-sex relationships is hardly foreign to me. I think there comes a time when everyone asks himself about his sexuality. That doesn't mean you experiment, but you definitely think about your preferences.”

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #16 on: December 19, 2008, 09:11:58 am »
      “I doubt that means actors are going to be stampeding to play gay cowboys or even gay roles. But they'll be looking for material as honest and powerful as this film offers.”
« Last Edit: December 19, 2008, 05:04:10 pm by TOoP/Bruce »

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2008, 09:12:28 am »
      “Ang Lee is fierce in his timidity, his humbleness and his respect for everyone around him. He's frustrating and so damn wise.”

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #18 on: December 19, 2008, 09:12:59 am »
“Ang was great ... because he would set up situations and then let me and Heath decide what to do within the space Ang created.”

Offline TOoP/Bruce

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #19 on: December 19, 2008, 09:13:18 am »
“That was so scary, the last scene Heath and I shot together. We finally get to say to each other what we want to say, and I was really nervous because there were so many emotions, and both men have been holding so much back. Luckily, the dialogue is so great that it worked out.”