Author Topic: My New Babies  (Read 8215 times)

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
Re: My New Babies
« Reply #20 on: January 02, 2009, 01:46:37 am »
Barb, do you ever watch a show called "It's Me or the Dog" on Animal Planet? It's a show about dog training. Not only is it a very VERY cute show, it's very informative. The lady who comes to these peoples' houses to train their dogs is absolutely brilliant.

If you haven't seen the show before, you might want to consult your TV schedule and check it out sometime. Since both of your dogs are so young, they are highly trainable, and this show will give you lots of good tips and pointers. :)

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline ednbarby

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #21 on: January 04, 2009, 10:36:00 am »
Yes, I have seen that show, David.  I actually watched it for the first time on the Jet Blue plane from JFK back to Ft. Lauderdale a week ago Saturday - it was about an unruly Great Dane and a pack of Weimeraners who had taken control of their owner's house (because she did nothing to exercise or discipline them).  In the latter case, the trainer goes, "You don't exercise them AT ALL?  What are you thinking, taking a working breed and not taking them for walks?"

Our girls love their walks.  They go on four or five a day - a couple for 1-2 miles.  They wag their tails and trot along the whole time.  Can't figure out why I'm not losing any weight yet, since I take them on the vast majority of them.  But that's beside the point.
No more beans!

Offline Brokeback_Dev

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of nature
« Reply #22 on: January 04, 2009, 11:06:33 am »
Your German Sheperds are adorable.  Congrats to you Barb.

Offline Ellemeno

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
« Reply #23 on: January 04, 2009, 06:36:03 pm »

Our girls love their walks.  They go on four or five a day - a couple for 1-2 miles.  They wag their tails and trot along the whole time.  Can't figure out why I'm not losing any weight yet, since I take them on the vast majority of them.  But that's beside the point.

It's turning to muscle.  I bet you'll see a big difference soon.  Our dog getting old enough to not want as many walks was part of my physical decline.  I think it was Richard Simmons who said, "Walk your dog every day, whether you have a dog or not."

:)