Author Topic: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PENTHESILEA!  (Read 88207 times)

Offline CellarDweller

• The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • A city boy's mentality, with a cowboy's soul.
Re: HAPPY BIRTHDAY PENTHESILEA!
« Reply #100 on: January 05, 2015, 04:04:25 pm »

Happy Birthday Penthesilea (Chrissi)!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''
'Voulez-vous, will you kiss my dick?'
Will you play my record? One-track mind!

Offline Meryl

• BetterMost Supporter
  • There's no reins on this one....
« Reply #101 on: January 06, 2015, 12:07:43 am »

HAPPY BIRTHDAY CHRISSI!
(A nice onion cake for you!)
Ich bin ein Brokie...

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #102 on: January 06, 2015, 05:17:28 am »
Thank you, Meryl, Lee, Kelda, Paul and Chuckie! :-*

Yesterday was a halfway quiet day since we did the celebrations on Sunday already. But I got nice presents yesterday, we went to a Greek restaurant for an extended lunch, then the hubby and I had a nice nap, followed by coffee & cake, and in the evening I had leftovers from the restaurant. Presents, fine eating and napping was (almost) all I did on my birthday. Not a bad way to spend your birthday :laugh:.  

I also reread my thoughts from last year. Wow - how fast time flies. It's already been a full year since I went back to work. Back then I gave myself one year and then wanted to decide how to proceed career-wise. I had plans to either
- look for a job more close to my home
- maybe set the goal to become the head of a facility (nursery, kindergarden, the like)
- possibly increase the number of days per week to work.

Probably none of those will happen. I found out I'm very, very, very happy to work only two days a week. I have no intention whatsoever to work more than I do now. I have the weekend plus three days in a row all to myself and am not willing to give it up. O0
Of course if you only work two days a week you can't be the manager of a facility. And if I worked closer to my home I'd earn considerably less due to the fact that I live in a different federal state than my workplace is. In short, the payment is a good junk less over here in Rheinland-Palatinate.
As it is now I earn a good deal more than I had hoped for! I'd be stupid to change anything about it, and stupid I'm not ;D.

So I'll continue to commute, and continue with my two days of work. The work itself is mostly lovely and after changing the group last summer I now like my colleagues very much.
I have also plenty time for my family and to myself. It's all good as it is and I have no intention to change anything. :)

Offline Sason

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Bork bork bork
« Reply #103 on: January 06, 2015, 10:37:45 am »

Happy belated birthday, Chrissi!

Düva pööp is a förce of natüre

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #104 on: January 05, 2019, 12:25:09 pm »
Happy birthday, Chrissi!! Thank you for all you've done this year keeping our site clean and free of scammers, and running smoothly!!

Looking forward to following you in your adventures in 2019! Did I see where you're headed to the North Pole???
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #105 on: January 05, 2019, 01:57:25 pm »

Happy Birthday Penthesilea (Chrissi)!

Tell him when l come up to him and ask to play the record, l'm gonna say: ''Voulez-vous jouer ce disque?''

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #106 on: January 08, 2019, 01:42:43 am »
Thank you for the birthday wishes, Lee and Chuckie! :)

Looking forward to following you in your adventures in 2019! Did I see where you're headed to the North Pole???

Sweet Jesus, no. :o
We are adventurous, but not that adventurous. We're stopping where the world (= the mainland) ends. Driving the Dempster Highway and on to Tuk. Always North, across the polar circle and further North, North, North - as long as there's a road. All the way to the Arctic ocean. I'm already excited, it will be an adventure for sure.

Now that you're mentioning it, I wonder how far the North pole is away from Tuk. :laugh:

Offline Penthesilea

• Town Administration
« Reply #107 on: January 08, 2019, 02:48:09 am »
Oh my gosh!

I wasn't able to calculate the distance from Tuktoyaktuk to the North Pole as the crow flies.
But: someone did it with the car! And it was the guys from Top Gear, of all people! I love Top Gear (British version only).
They drove with modified pick-up trucks to the magnetic North Pole! :o

And yes, I totally ordered the DVD on the spot. It's a pack of four DVDs with four different specials (one of them the polar special) and it's gonna be a birthday present for hubby ;D

ETA: distance from Tuk to the (geographic) North Pole is about 2100km = 1300 miles.
« Last Edit: January 08, 2019, 05:13:23 am by Penthesilea »

Offline Front-Ranger

• BetterMost Moderator
  • Brokeback got us good.
« Reply #108 on: January 08, 2019, 11:53:08 am »
In 2010, I flew from Scotland to the Orkney Islands, rented a car, stayed there for two days, then flew to the Shetland Islands, rented another car, then drove north to the northernmost island of Unst, then walked to the north coast in the Hermaness Nature Preserve and saw the lighthouse on Mukkle Flugga (big rock). That's the northernmost tip of the UK. It was a fun journey!!
"chewing gum and duct tape"

Offline CellarDweller

« Reply #109 on: January 08, 2019, 07:47:06 pm »