Author Topic: Pranks in the Workplace  (Read 2762 times)

Offline Katie77

• BetterMost 5000+ Posts Club
  • Love is a force of Nature
Pranks in the Workplace
« on: January 15, 2009, 06:24:56 pm »
I was just looking at some pics that Chucky posted, of all the balloons and ornaments placed around his cubicle at work, for his birthday.

Got me to thinking about all the different pranks and funny things that people do to other workmates.

I used to work in an office and everyone was always doing something to someone else. It brightens the day, and makes the drudge of work a bit of a happier place.

My favourite one, was, to put the earpiece of the phone in the stamp pad, and place it back on the receiver, so the ink could not be seen by the unsuspecting person who was next to answer the phone.

Dont know how many people used to walk around with a blue ear for most of the day.

Tell us about what you have done or what has had happened to you.
Being happy doesn't mean everything is perfect.

It means you've decided to see beyond the imperfection

Offline Katie77

Re: Pranks in the Workplace
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2009, 07:16:28 pm »
Oh....another time, we hid prawn (shrimp) shells in different places in our Boss's office.

In the back of his cabinet, under files, in the telephone, even in the light fitting in his office, oh and someone, even unscrewed his office chair and put some down the tube under the chair.

He found most of them, but the one in the chair had him baffled for a while.

Good thing he had a sense of humour, as his office stunk for days.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2009, 07:19:39 pm »
And another one.......

We would often get boxes of chocolates and share them around the office. One lady, always squeezed them all to find the hard ones, as she wouldn't eat soft ones.

So one time we replaced all the hard ones with soft ones, and she had a hell of a time squeezing them all, and trying to find one that she was gonna eat.

We all stood around out of sight, watching her, go through the box.

Offline Katie77

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 07:23:22 pm »
And of course.......there was always the one when someone put the salt in the pepper shaker and visa versa. Or salt in the sugar.

Offline optom3

• BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2009, 01:25:17 am »
Before I was an Optometrist I was a clinical chemist. I worked in a hospital laboratory, it was high pressure so we had to introduce some levity. One day a friend and I discovered that if we put pipette tips on very big syringes we had amazing water pistols. One thing led to another and we eventually had an the mother of all water psitols. 2 100 ml syringes taped together with tips on the end could fire from one side of the laboratory to another.

One day while waiting for some results, we decided to have a fight,We were in mid battle when in walked the principal Chemist, right at the best or worst moment, depending on your perspective, he entered. We simultaneously fired and he was caught right in between. We only got away with it because he had a thing for me.

Depending on how this thread progresses, I can tell tales that only those of a very strong stomach could stand.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2009, 02:11:33 am »
Before I was an Optometrist I was a clinical chemist. I worked in a hospital laboratory, it was high pressure so we had to introduce some levity. One day a friend and I discovered that if we put pipette tips on very big syringes we had amazing water pistols. One thing led to another and we eventually had an the mother of all water psitols. 2 100 ml syringes taped together with tips on the end could fire from one side of the laboratory to another.

One day while waiting for some results, we decided to have a fight,We were in mid battle when in walked the principal Chemist, right at the best or worst moment, depending on your perspective, he entered. We simultaneously fired and he was caught right in between. We only got away with it because he had a thing for me.

Depending on how this thread progresses, I can tell tales that only those of a very strong stomach could stand.

:laugh:  :laugh:  :laugh:

We haven't done anything as crazy at that where I've worked. Let me think about it a little bit more... :-\

I remember one thing that happened, although it was more on the disgusting side rather than the funny side.

When I worked at Walker Research somebody threw a dead fish down the elevator shaft. This was during the summer and the fish got quite ripe very quickly and the stink was absolutely terrible. For some reason it took several days before the maintenance people removed the fish. During that time I decided to use the stairs and avoid the elevator. I figured it was good exercise for me anyway. ;)

I'm sure I will think of some funny ones. Just give me a quick minute, okay?

Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline David In Indy

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • You've Got Male
« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2009, 02:14:54 am »
This didn't happen in the workplace, but it was pretty funny. Back when I was a teen, I once went into L.S. Ayres (a department store here in Indianapolis. It's no longer in business) and I released a couple of mice inside the women's dressing rooms! :laugh:

They all came running out of there like their pants were on fire! :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:

That was very naughty of me! ;D
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Kelda

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • Zorbing....
    • Keldas Facebook Page!
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2009, 06:37:03 pm »
This didn't happen in the workplace, but it was pretty funny. Back when I was a teen, I once went into L.S. Ayres (a department store here in Indianapolis. It's no longer in business) and I released a couple of mice inside the women's dressing rooms! :laugh:

They all came running out of there like their pants were on fire! :laugh:

:laugh:  :laugh:

That was very naughty of me! ;D

DAVID!!!!

:laugh: :laugh:
http://www.idbrass.com

Please use the following links when shopping online -It will help us raise money without costing you a penny.

http://www.easyfundraising.org.uk/idb

http://idb.easysearch.org.uk/