Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259675 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #120 on: April 07, 2009, 12:14:12 pm »
Okay, onward and upward!

Chapter 34:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/296847.html

SPOILERS

Aw, Ellery is so loved and treasured by his husband, family and friends. 

I imagine "Emilio" is not that unusual of a name in their parts?  I understand Wes's excitement at Ellery's utterance, but I hope he isn't jumping the gun and sending the department off on a wild goose chase.  But then again, there has to be some reason that name is so important to Ellery - but what reason?  I love how you keep them - and us - guessing! Fantastic story, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #121 on: April 07, 2009, 01:18:44 pm »
SPOILERS

Aw, Ellery is so loved and treasured by his husband, family and friends. 

I imagine "Emilio" is not that unusual of a name in their parts?  I understand Wes's excitement at Ellery's utterance, but I hope he isn't jumping the gun and sending the department off on a wild goose chase.  But then again, there has to be some reason that name is so important to Ellery - but what reason?  I love how you keep them - and us - guessing! Fantastic story, Louise!

well of COURSE he's sending them on a wild goose chase!  Every great leader has to make a bonehead move when he's not thinking straight, right?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #122 on: April 07, 2009, 01:30:55 pm »
well of COURSE he's sending them on a wild goose chase!  Every great leader has to make a bonehead move when he's not thinking straight, right?

:laugh:   :laugh: Yeah, it looked like that, but I was trying to be gentle on Wes, being he's so wrapped up with Ellery and all.  But, as you point out - he's not thinking straight, so we'll give him a pass on this bonehead move - but I'm not so sure the Fearless Leader will give himself a pass! 
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #123 on: April 07, 2009, 02:08:42 pm »
:laugh:   :laugh: Yeah, it looked like that, but I was trying to be gentle on Wes, being he's so wrapped up with Ellery and all.  But, as you point out - he's not thinking straight, so we'll give him a pass on this bonehead move - but I'm not so sure the Fearless Leader will give himself a pass! 

Heheheh but on the other hand, if your chief deputy wakes up and seems to answer a question "who hit you over the head" and comes up with a name... it would be a mistake not to follow it up, right?
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #124 on: April 07, 2009, 10:57:16 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #125 on: April 08, 2009, 12:20:00 pm »
and now, chapter 35!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/297166.html

SPOILERS

Yay - Ellery's awake!  I think.   :-\  Or maybe he is still dreaming?  Or did Colson fall asleep in the chair and now he's dreaming?   :laugh: 

So .... he thinks it's 1971 - but he knows Colson and he also recognized Dupree's name, so he hasn't forgotten the events of 1984 .... he just thinks they happened in 1971... or something like that?  Okay, I have to stop b/c now I'm getting a headache!   :laugh:  And Emilio is a detective from Tucson?  Holy crap. 

But Joe, with his "cool" voice and his "Like I always do" remark sounds a little miffed with Wes.  That's understandable b/c they're all under so much pressure, but I hope they can clear things up when things get back to normal - or whatever passes for "normal" in the Sheriff's Department!  Can't wait for more.  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #126 on: April 08, 2009, 12:40:41 pm »
the boy had to wake up sometime!!!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #127 on: April 08, 2009, 10:44:46 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #128 on: April 09, 2009, 03:10:30 pm »
And chapter 36!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/297463.html

SPOILERS

All roads were leading to Ellery Cantrell, just as he had thought.

That just becomes more and more evident, doesn't it?  I had to laugh when Reynolds used the "Yes, my liege" line, too.  LOL.  Glad to see him loosening up some - but, not too much, of course!  I hope Paula gets over her hurt feelings - there really isn't any reason for her to go to the hospital, but it's an awkward situation all around.  And poor Joe - he's taking it from all ends! Jeremy is dying to get to that hospital!  Maybe Wes can have Edna bake Joe something special when this is all over with.  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #129 on: April 09, 2009, 09:49:56 pm »