Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259684 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #130 on: April 10, 2009, 12:01:43 pm »
And here is chapter 37!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/297638.html

"..if he rides at paso corto pace.”

:laugh:  That's our Ellery.  Some things never change - memory loss or no memory loss.  But it's a very bad idea for him to pretend he remembers more than he does just to get sprung from the hospital in a hurry!  His memory is all over the place.  It will be very interesting to see what happens when Henry gets in the room - he hasn't met Colson yet, I don't think.  Hmmm....    Terrific stuff, Louise.  Thanks!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #131 on: April 10, 2009, 11:24:27 pm »
coming right up, chapter 38!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/297874.html
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #132 on: April 11, 2009, 11:39:12 am »
coming right up, chapter 38!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/297874.html

SPOILERS

Wow.  This was just chock full of all kinds of fascinating stuff.  I love all the primitive reactions - Colson sizing up Henry as a threat, the hair rising on the back of Henry's neck, the shift in Ellery's demeanor in the absence of his dominating "other half."   Interesting that Henry realizes that Ellery are Colson are "mates" in the purest and best sense of the word, while also realizing that their relationship is something that he won't be able to fully understand.  Exceptional writing, Louise! 

And now we have a last name for Emilio - and his occupation!  Wow again.  To say this is an interesting turn of events is an understatement!   This job has taken on dimensions I'm not sure even Henry could have anticipated. 

"...before Wes comes marchin back in here with Edna an a basket full a baked goods..."

:laugh:   :laugh:  Yes, I imagine Edna is in full-fledged baking mode!

Can't wait for more - thanks, Louise!

The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #133 on: April 11, 2009, 02:15:37 pm »
it's nice to know after a million and a half words I can still surprise!

Note to readers - after this past chapter, rereading Ellery's initial "fantasies" in the first few chapters might provide more insight into what happened in Tucson that long ago April night.
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #134 on: April 11, 2009, 05:54:09 pm »
and chapter 39 comes along right on time!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/298060.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #135 on: April 11, 2009, 10:42:05 pm »
and chapter 39 comes along right on time!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/298060.html

SPOILERS

Thanks for the heads up on re-reading!  Damn, poor Ellery being set up!  How despicable.  I'm glad he felt comfortable enough with Henry to confide in him - it's important Ellery didn't keep that in.  But now what?  I don't want him to keep secrets from Colson, but I don't know what he'll do when he finds out! 

Ellery's warning to Henry about Colson being jealous reminded me that Colson did not like the looks Paula gave Ellery once upon a time - I wonder if it will make him feel better to know that Paula and Henry are an item .....

Have I told you this story is terrific?   :)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #136 on: April 12, 2009, 01:48:58 am »
SPOILERS

Thanks for the heads up on re-reading!  Damn, poor Ellery being set up!  How despicable.  I'm glad he felt comfortable enough with Henry to confide in him - it's important Ellery didn't keep that in.  But now what?  I don't want him to keep secrets from Colson, but I don't know what he'll do when he finds out! 

Ellery's warning to Henry about Colson being jealous reminded me that Colson did not like the looks Paula gave Ellery once upon a time - I wonder if it will make him feel better to know that Paula and Henry are an item .....

Have I told you this story is terrific?   :)

I am really glad you like it... it is probably the most unusual one of the series, and mainly due to its unusual genesis.  Did I mention that the plot for this story came out of a dream I had - a dream about having amnesia?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #137 on: April 12, 2009, 06:24:28 pm »
aaaaand... happy easter chapter 40!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/298350.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #138 on: April 12, 2009, 08:33:42 pm »
aaaaand... happy easter chapter 40!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/298350.html

Happy Easter to you, too, Louise.  :)

SPOILERS

Yeah, I think we're all wondering about those same niggling questions.  We all knew that the idea of  Ellery keeping anything from him wouldn't sit well with Wes, but I know his first concern is Ellery's well being. 

And, yes, just as Ellery predicted, Edna and her baked goods have arrived!  LOL.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #139 on: April 14, 2009, 12:14:58 pm »
Okay,  if anyone is following my blog you know I went and had my eyes examined yesterday, which involved putting in drops and being half blind for most of the day, but everything is back to normal now and I expect to be writing again this evening!