Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259666 times)

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #190 on: April 30, 2009, 11:18:28 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
« Reply #191 on: May 01, 2009, 01:19:41 pm »
...and chapter 56!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/302396.html

SPOILERS

They really are a family, and it's always heartening to see how their closeness fulfills so many of their needs, both emotional and practical. And no, Wes and Edna are definitely not ignorant old fuddy-duddies:laugh:

Yay for Sgt. Dupree!  I'll bet Jeremy will be so happy to have Ellery back at work he won't mind doing his paperwork - at least for a little while!  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #192 on: May 02, 2009, 02:47:18 am »
I went out to see "Wolverine" and have dinner with a friend tonight so no chapter from me! But I'll be hard at work again tomorrow!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #193 on: May 02, 2009, 04:05:24 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #194 on: May 02, 2009, 10:26:03 pm »
ok here we go, chapter 57!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/302724.html#cutid1

SPOILERS

Once again .............. all roads lead to Ellery!!!!  Paula wouldn't make a good poker player, that's for sure, but at least she doesn't beat around the bush, as Henry noted.   It's interesting to compare her ruminations about Ellery with Esteban's.  There's just something about that man that inspires loyalty and admiration, but there's a certain amount of resentment of him, too.   

And now that there is going to be even more Ellery talk, I'm not sure if they'll ever get past the "business" part of their night!  Or maybe it'll be good for Paula to vent? But I have to believe that being the Main Topic of Conversation at their dinner is something that could put both of them out of Ellery's good graces.   :-\   What a fascinating cast of characters!  Thanks, Louise.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline belbbmfan

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • A love that will never grow old
« Reply #195 on: May 03, 2009, 03:37:19 pm »
...and chapter 56!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/302396.html

Wow, this was a truly heartwarming chapter, despite all the worrying that's going on too.

“Edna’s tryin ta say in her oh-so-subtle way that she knows we both play second fiddle ta you in Ellery’s heart, so don’t take us for ignorant old fuddy-duddies, Colson,” Wes grumbled, but then gave Colson a big smile. “He is lucky to have ya, a yer lucky ta have him. We’re all lucky ta have em.”

*sigh* All the words that Colson needs to hear right now. Gotta love Wes and Edna.

And LOL at Colson's 'tying to the bed' comment!  :laugh: Poor Edna.  ;D

A great chapter Louise. Thanks!  :)
'We're supposed to guard the sheep, not eat 'em'

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #196 on: May 03, 2009, 06:55:21 pm »
I went back and found a bunch of typos in it too! I must have been writing too fast!

Anyhew, here is chapter 58!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/302895.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #197 on: May 03, 2009, 07:51:06 pm »
I went back and found a bunch of typos in it too! I must have been writing too fast!

Anyhew, here is chapter 58!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/302895.html

SPOILERS

Love the dialogue!!!  You don't write their words, you channel them, and I don't read them, I hear them.  Poor boys.  On top of all the worry, wondering what Ellery is keeping from him is eating at Colson something awful.  And on top of all the pain, wondering what the hell is real and what is imagined is eating at Ellery something awful.  Hope they both can put their minds to rest soon so they can get to some grabbin and makin kissy faces!  Then we'll know for sure everything's as it should be!  :laugh:  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #198 on: May 03, 2009, 08:01:12 pm »

Hehehehe, the things I like writing best are those moments alone between Colson and Ellery.  They are heartbroken when they are apart and keeping things from one another, but it sure makes for good drama, don't it?

I have to do a bit more housework today (it's my week) and I may feel inspired to get to the next chapter by then! whoo hoo! thanks for the comments, I thrive on them!!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #199 on: May 03, 2009, 10:15:18 pm »