Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259673 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #240 on: May 17, 2009, 02:02:33 pm »
Two chapters to read at once - yay!

SPOILERS

Well, I can certainly understand Mel's reaction and I know in his heart Wes does, too.  But Wes is a papa bear when it comes to Ellery.  I'm hoping Joe is right and there is someone down in Tuscon with a need to purge their conscience.  And maybe that person (or Mabel?) can help clear the confusion of the TWX picture.

And back at the Cantrell/Grey household - He was relieved to have Ellery all to himself once more.

Aww, how very Colson. LOL at the "lumpy head" :laugh:  Colson does love his Rapunzel's hair, and I have to say that Ellery with a military cut is all kinds of wrong! 

I think it's sweet that the girls made a quiche - with meat! - and want to bring it over.  As long as Wes and Edna are going to be there, the girls might as well be, too. Sounds like family dinner night and Colson and Ellery's.  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #241 on: May 17, 2009, 10:34:46 pm »
And here is chapter 73!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/306851.html#cutid1

because everybody needs a little tenderness!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #242 on: May 18, 2009, 01:41:48 pm »
And here is chapter 73!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/306851.html#cutid1

because everybody needs a little tenderness!

SPOILERS

Lovely. 

..gaze of tender sympathy..

Aww...that and the "I love you's" - along with the relief of telling Colson - are the best medicine.  Hope the family dinner isn't too much for him!  Thanks, Louise.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #243 on: May 18, 2009, 02:26:16 pm »

SPOILERISH

One of the things I was trying to illustrate in the Ellery-POV area is that one of the side-effects of head injury is emotional volatility.  Not that he isn't emotional volatile at other times, but things like depression, crying, and extreme emotional sensitivity are also part of the short-term side-effects of a head trauma, so the Ellery we've got right now is definitely not our "usual hard-headed Ellery."
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #244 on: May 18, 2009, 10:52:48 pm »

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #245 on: May 19, 2009, 12:54:10 pm »
and here is Chapter 74!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/306980.html

SPOILERS

Not surprised Ripley was gone, but I don't think he'd be terribly hard to track down if he's still in the Dodge.  And they do have Cortez at least.

Whoops,” Jeremy said. “Not supposed ta say anythin.”

Well, I suppose too many people knew for that to remain a secret for long. :-\  Good thing Ellery is home and not at the office!  Which investigation will be solved first, I wonder....  Thanks, Louise!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #246 on: May 19, 2009, 01:09:26 pm »
it's hard to say what will be solved first, even the author doesn't know that!!!

I can say however, this story won't be done before I leave for Chicago!

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #247 on: May 19, 2009, 01:15:57 pm »
it's hard to say what will be solved first, even the author doesn't know that!!!

I can say however, this story won't be done before I leave for Chicago!

Well, I know I'm in no hurry for it to end!  We're getting to know these people in new and fascinating ways - not to mention the compelling plotlines. 

I can't believe you're already up to Chapter 74! 

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #248 on: May 19, 2009, 01:25:02 pm »
I know, this was really a "dish ran away with the spoon" plot.  I thought it was going to be a short little novella like thing about Ellery getting hit over the head.  Whoopsie.

Now we've got Ellery facing a mini personal meltdown, Dupree front and center in multiple investigations, Joe vs. the Sheriff in a leadership vacuum, Colson finding his tender side, Esteban in hot water again, Paula hemming and hawing about whether she's stumbled over Dr. Right, and Dr. Right ... where IS Dr. Right?

how'd all this happen?

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #249 on: May 20, 2009, 12:27:55 am »

And I got most of my organizing and about two thirds of my packing done tonight... then I settled down and got chapter 75 banged out!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/307266.html