Author Topic: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale  (Read 259655 times)

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost 1000+ Posts Club
  • "you bet"
Re: The Persistence of Memory: New Greenlea Tale
« Reply #300 on: June 06, 2009, 09:48:53 pm »
and now, chapter 88!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/310703.html

I know it has to come to its natural conclusion, but I'll be sorry to see this tale end!

SPOILERS

I think there's a country song entitled, "I Love This Bar" - and I sure do.   There's always a terrific blend of characters.

It had been three hours since he had phoned Nick – how much trouble could he have got up to in that short a time?

Oh, I think Nick could probably get up to a whole lot of trouble in a lot less than three hours - if he wanted to.  But luckly for Jeremy he doesn't want to - at least not the type of trouble Jeremy is worried about.  They do make a good match.  I love how Nicky pouts so quickly - but gets over it quickly too, and that he's only mildly annoyed with Jeremy's reticence with PDA.  And while he's probably a little more than mildly annoyed that Jeremy has to work tomorrow, his feelings about that, combined with Jeremy's jealousy over all the attention being given to his Nicky's ass, should make for some hot lovin' tonight! 

So it appears that Lance and Sergio are back to the "on again" phase of their relationship.  Poor Jeeves.  Thanks, Louise!
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
  • The BetterMost 10,000 Post Club
  • "My guns and amo!! Over my cold dead hands!!"
    • Fiction by Louise Van Hine
« Reply #301 on: June 07, 2009, 06:20:36 pm »
okay gang, I got distracted this weekend doing some editing work on a friend's horror novel, but this evening is reserved for writing the next chapter!
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #302 on: June 07, 2009, 09:08:40 pm »
“Mr. Coyote always gets me good, boy,”  Ellery said, winking.  “Almost forgot what life was like before I got me my own personal coyote.”

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #303 on: June 08, 2009, 04:13:42 pm »
and here is Chapter 89!

http://louisev.livejournal.com/310805.html

SPOILERS

Oh, dear.  I don't know what to think.  On the one hand, he was just released this morning; but on the other hand, the pills don't seem enough to manage the pain.

And there was no assurance, lacking Wes Brown’s influence over the hospital, that anyone would let Colson in to see him or speak to him.

I'm so glad you addressed this, Louise.  Even with the precautions of wills and poa's, etc., gay couples can't piece together the protection and security and rights that only legal marriage can provide.  Poor boys.  I'm glad Colson called Edna.  Thanks, Louise.
The measure of a country's greatness is its ability to retain compassion in times of crisis         ~~~~~~~~~Thurgood Marshall

The worst loneliness is not to be comfortable with yourself.    ~~~~~~~~~ Mark Twain

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #304 on: June 08, 2009, 04:30:03 pm »
SPOILERS

Oh, dear.  I don't know what to think.  On the one hand, he was just released this morning; but on the other hand, the pills don't seem enough to manage the pain.

And there was no assurance, lacking Wes Brown’s influence over the hospital, that anyone would let Colson in to see him or speak to him.

I'm so glad you addressed this, Louise.  Even with the precautions of wills and poa's, etc., gay couples can't piece together the protection and security and rights that only legal marriage can provide.  Poor boys.  I'm glad Colson called Edna.  Thanks, Louise.

yep... one of the biggest potential challenges of writing a follow-on story to BBM with a gay couple living together was what to do about the legal hurdles and public condemnation, the lack of rights and privileges allowed to Colson and Ellery?  I had originally conceptualized "Taking Chances" as the tale that would be a "bringing the killer to justice" which meant my original character had to either be a lawyer, or better still, a detective with enough seniority to investigate something off his own turf, and this had the additional advantage of giving him the power to open doors that would be firmly closed to most any other gay couple.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #305 on: June 08, 2009, 10:41:23 pm »

And now, Jeremy has a spitfire on his hands!

Chapter 90:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/311062.html

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #306 on: June 09, 2009, 01:25:49 pm »
And now, Jeremy has a spitfire on his hands!

Chapter 90:

http://louisev.livejournal.com/311062.html

SPOILERS

Woo wee, spitfire is right!  But he wouldn't be his Nicky otherwise.  And Jeremy knows when to take his bait ("Not a bit of it”) and when to swim on by.  I love how Nicky's little boy "I’ll be good" transformed into "You bet. Now get in here” in a flash!  It's so great to watch these two together, I've missed them!  Thanks, Louise.

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #307 on: June 09, 2009, 01:46:45 pm »
SPOILERS

Woo wee, spitfire is right!  But he wouldn't be his Nicky otherwise.  And Jeremy knows when to take his bait ("Not a bit of it”) and when to swim on by.  I love how Nicky's little boy "I’ll be good" transformed into "You bet. Now get in here” in a flash!  It's so great to watch these two together, I've missed them!  Thanks, Louise.

yeah but doesn't absence make the heart grow fonder?

Offline mariez

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • "you bet"
« Reply #308 on: June 09, 2009, 02:21:11 pm »
yeah but doesn't absence make the heart grow fonder?

You bet!

Offline louisev

• BetterMost Supporter!
  • BetterMost Moderator
« Reply #309 on: June 10, 2009, 08:31:19 pm »

stay tuned for the next chapter!!